Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GearHead
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here r the facts. New to motorcycles, but Ive been messing with my VWs 4 a long time and my fab and machanical skills should help me with the task that is infront of me. 1978 Honda CB750K Streetfighter. I picked up the bike for a couple hundred bucks not running, big huge fairing, ugly king queen seat, handle bar risers, the whole ball of ugly wax. The reason I bought it was it only has 38,000 miles on it and a 750 is a nice size engine for that size of bike. Got to work on it and this is what I have so far, far far far from done.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
I did a double over head cam years ago

·
GearHead
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Worked on it a little this weekend. I can't seem to find a place to hide the engine wireing so I've decided to chop the side panel so it would cover the electronics, but not cover any of the frame. I plan on fiberglassing the chopped piece so it would look like carbon fiber. I think it would look kool.:rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
WELCOME!!

cool project. start stripping her down. :D

what do you have planned??

you say your into veedubs??

:ttiwwop:

·
GearHead
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to completely strip it, lower it, paint the frame lime green and the tank and other plastic flat black, or maybe fiberglass the plastic and tank to look like carbon fiber. I have a header on it and I think I'm gonna fab up a custom exhaust with a nice rattle. As 4 vdubs I own 4 of them all of them are 1980's golfs and jettas.:rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts