Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought a 88 Honda Hawk GT last spring. Been wanting this bike for ever!

Here's how she looked when I got her:

This is what i was going for:

Thats a F2 tank and a seat off a Ducati Monster on a modded subframe.

So heres what I have done so far:

So what I have done is had my sub frame chopped up and mod it to fit the seat and tank. I took the tank and fixed a nice bump in the side and also filled in the lower lip to give it a cleaner look added a Pingle petcock, SV 650 clips to lower the ride a few inches, Napolean bar end mirrors and new grips, SS front and rear brake lines and also routed the rear line through the swingarm and EBC pads. Factory Jet 3/UNI pods/M4 race mount full exhaust all new fuel lines and a SV650 vacum fuel pump, Aztec8 dual 4" head lights, chopped stock fender and a rear cowl from a Duc Monster, rear brake off a Buell/Ducati with homemade bracket.

Now I just need to get a new battery and paint the tank and fender and ride....

Rob
:rock:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
frickin sweet! i love hawks (i've had 4). keep the updates coming.

i'm building a (sorta) hawk at the moment too, but it'll have a cr500 motor in it :D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
i knew Skrooz would be excited about this build. as willl most of us cuz we'd like to see 2 dif. builds of the same bike.

looks great so far man. coming along nicely.

MORE PICS!!!!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Very nice, the idea you have goin is wicked.

Looks like you could just make a sheetmetal cover for the back part of the seat.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
that is friggin hot. I love it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! Been fun but now I am ready to ride it!

As for the rear seat cowl... I just bought a carbon fiber one off ebay... I have been looking for a fiberglass one and for some reason even road-rashed ones still get a premo price? :wtf: Ducati guys...

So I spent a $120 for a CF one shipped... a stock fucked-up one was gonna cost me $90-110 shipped. Plug and play!
:party-smiley:

I took Friday off and my plans are to get it out of the basement and fire it up and ride it around the block!

rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will take new pics this weekend when I get it out of the basement... Hope to see the new cowl tomorrow!

Plans are to do some test painting this weekend since the temps will be up to the 70's. I am new to painting so it's been fun figuring out how to use my HVLP paint gun and building a paint room in my 3rd car garage.

Keep ya posted!
rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally done with my project bike! well almost... still needs paint, but for now I can ride in primer till I have figured out the painting part.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
bike looks awesome. super fuckin clean! impressive.

what color are you thinking of doing??

are you planning on ding the lip of the rear rim as well?? or leaving it as is?? i think the front rim looks great!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's gonna be sunset orange tank and fender with embossed flames... still working on the painting though. I did a test on an old tank this weekend to get the HVLP gun tuned in... clear coats a bitch though!

As for the rear rim and the lip... well the front one stripped right to that nice shine and the rear rim did not and I did not wanna fuck with polishing it so i painted it all black... no plans as of right now to try and polish it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Unreal.... That is awesome... I am learning so much here, and find inspiration around every corner.. Great bike man...

·
The Polish Prince
947 Posts
:winko: :winko: Bee-yoo-tee-full! I love those bikes. I had a chance to get one a few months back and didn't pull the trigger. I am still kicking myself. Do they handle as well as I've heard?

Nice work, BTW.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts