Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

New to the forum and to the bike world...just picked up my first project and my first bike. Hoping to get my license this June.

Some pics after I picked it up today:

Already tore the bike down...looking for the problem with the fuel pump not running (probably something to do with some ghetto wiring fixes). Took the carbs off as well, cleaning them up a bit and they're being sent off to be ultrasonically done. Should have them back this week.

Yesterday messed around taking the rear tail off. Going to make up a custom rear panel for the tail light, turn signals, and license plate. Maybe custom side covers as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what you do! I think these bikes would make an interesting platform, a lot of power for this era and I haven't seen anyone do anything cool with them yet, mostly just crummy looking bobber builds. I'd like to see what happens when you put a higher tail/subframe on one and a modern front end.

·
V four honda whore
12,426 Posts
Im tempted to pick vf1000, but i already have too many bakes for space i have

·
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
77 Posts
I used to have a V65 Sabre. Man did that thing have some torque! It dyno'd at 125hp & 127 ft.lbs. and this was pretty much a stock bike. I took all the crap off the airbox, so when you wack open the throttle, you really heard the valve overlap. It was almost as loud as the exhaust. Great engine to have some fun with. It will be interesting to see what you do with this.

If that was mine, I would put a wider rear wheel, new USD forks, and a hell of a diet!

Good luck man.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Welcome fellow V65 builder :-D

Reactions: sugarkryptonite

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
Aw man. Where's SabreV45? He'll be all over this
:mom:

That's a great looking Sabre. I always loved the V65. They don't really take much to make them look like an awesome muscle bike, mainly just trimming up the rear end a little. Fight Everything definitely knows his shit when it comes to Honda V4 wiring, hit him or I up if you need any help.

I miss having my Sabre. Even though it was just the VF700S, it was addicting once you turn the throttle and hear it growl. I'll likely get another one in the future.

This is probably my favorite V65 Sabre I've seen built.

·
V four honda whore
12,426 Posts
Wow, that is seriously cool looking bike there

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:mom:

That's a great looking Sabre. I always loved the V65. They don't really take much to make them look like an awesome muscle bike, mainly just trimming up the rear end a little. Fight Everything definitely knows his shit when it comes to Honda V4 wiring, hit him or I up if you need any help.

I miss having my Sabre. Even though it was just the VF700S, it was addicting once you turn the throttle and hear it growl. I'll likely get another one in the future.

This is probably my favorite V65 Sabre I've seen built.
Cool, thanks!

Do you know if those side bars he put on are something you can buy or he made them custom?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Took the front wheel off today to repaint the front fender, found out that my rad was in rough shape and had been repaired before (shitty repair and was leaking now). My uncle bought 2 parts bikes (750's) and one of the rads is in really good shape so I'm gonna try to modify it to fit on mine for now (only a tad bit smaller than the V65).

Also my buddy brought my carbs back from his ultrasonic cleaner so gonna put them back together tomorrow and hopefully get it fired back up. Also bought new fuel hoses to install.

I also figured out the fuel pump problem. There's a problem with the signal being sent to the fuel pump relay, thus not turning it on. Even though the activating wire for the relay has 12v, it still won't activate the relay. I tried a regular car relay with 4 wires (including a ground -- old relay has no ground wire), and it works perfect. I'm gonna get a waterproof relay and fix that, too.

1 - 20 of 308 Posts