Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm new to the forum and found it looking for answers to questions. I've decided to do my first build. I've a 2007 aprilia tuono engine in the workshop which I've decided to use but my question is does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best frame to go for. I think I'd like to do a cafe racer but I'm not sure what to get frame wise. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,621 Posts
A tuono frame?

Reactions: Thebrokemofo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what you're saying. as the more I look at it I might be better going down a different path.
Thanks for your reply

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,621 Posts
Might help if we knew a bit about ya Danboy. What level of skills do you have to apply to your first fighter build?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I can take my hands to anything really. I've been a tradesmen for donkeys years but I've got a workshop where I do welding repairs some light fab work. I also restore horse carts and make some bespoke coffee tables and do restoration work . Currently I have an old transit connect in there. New turbo, egr valve reseated the injectors, new cat and I'm just putting new seals on both sides. So although this would be my 1st build I am mechanicaly minded. So on that basis I think I've the skill set to do it.
I thought being as I have the engine and the ecu I may as well use it.

·
BLACK BELT
7,034 Posts
A tuono chopper. Interesting idea. Have you ever come across one.
No way. My ideas are one-off. 👌

I've seen choppers using a raked sportbike front end, and other cool parts, but never a Tuono engine.

I don't know much about Tuono engines, but this setup is awesome:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a great engine. I had aprilias for a few years and that tuono engine was bullet proof. With plenty of pull in it. You've definitely given me something to think about. I'm going to look at a couple of frames today and one of them is an old chopper.

·
BLACK BELT
7,034 Posts
Must be a ton of frames for a Harley V-twin. Might be an easy conversion, not sure.

What about a V-Rod frame? There are some sick swingarms available for it, even (expensive) single-sided swingarms.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Getting me hot and bothered to do something with my RSV motor I forgot I had. Gonna watch this one

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
What about an XV920 style backbone girder frame? Very very simple to make and you can stick any steering head with VIN on the end for easy reg...

Wish Knifemaker's pics in his excellent XV build were still up, he did an awesome one with a one-off backbone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts