Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new to the forums! So, I got knocked into a median by a damm white S.U.V. while going for a ride last Saturday, I just scabbed up today, and decided to start fixing my bike, but the driver drove off so this poor starving college student will not be replacing any plastic. My stepdad gave me the idea to make it a streetfighter like his bandit 1200, so here I am :party-smiley: It's a year 2000 Katana 600 Blue, and I have some pics of what I'm starting with that I'll post later on.

I striped it down today, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

If you guy know any good sites to get headlights, blinkers, taillights, please let me know!

I am new, and looking for any ideas.

·
hack
729 Posts
go to the sponsor page on this website and start looking around. then search for "cool streetfighter pics" and look through those. there, lights and ideas. you're welcome

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks CRF3!

Nah, not too bad : ] Yeah, I'm definitely going to put alot of work into this bike, just found 2 rims for it on ebay for 30 bucks! The only thing is they're purple, bleh. Spray paint you guys think?

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Welcome aboard.
Glad your OK from the spill :nuts:

I think the bike was just shakeing off some ugly parts. :LolLolLolLol::knucks:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Yeah, I'm definitely going to put alot of work into this bike, just found 2 rims for it on ebay for 30 bucks! The only thing is they're purple, bleh. Spray paint you guys think?
FOR 30 BUCKS?! YES...PAINT. RHINO LINING. WUTEVER. SMOKIN DEAL.

*on a sidenote....think about the mods your going to do to the bike before you buy stuff for a good price. cuz if you were to do a front end or swinger swap you might not even want those rims. :twocents:

·
hack
729 Posts
FOR 30 BUCKS?! YES...PAINT. RHINO LINING. WUTEVER. SMOKIN DEAL.

*on a sidenote....think about the mods your going to do to the bike before you buy stuff for a good price. cuz if you were to do a front end or swinger swap you might not even want those rims. :twocents:
ok, I really wish someone had said this to me when I first found this site and started down this dark (and pricey) road..... LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!! plan, then purchase. I have no idea how many times my plan has changed. live and learn, thats what ebay is for

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great advice thanks guys : ]

Sooo no rims yet but I looked at my bike again today in all it's broken glory...The more parts I take off my bike the happier I get :party-smiley: yet....I have to work on some stuff before I start worrying about aesthetics. My goals for next week..

*Get my bike running again (took off head board, broke some wires, and have some crimping to do.

*Replace a cover on the right side of the engine (drips a drop of oil every minute or so when the bikes running).

*Get those busted ass tires off it.

*lights lights and more lights

BTW I'll be doing all my work in a parking lot at my college in Miami with limited tools, so nothing too fancy until I get home. If you guys know any good cheap tools that'll help me out let me know.

Tomorrow I'll take some pics, lemme know what you guys think I should do.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
:ttiwwop:

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts
Welcome to the site, and yes, people ALWAYS ask for Pictures, :LolLolLolLol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Woohoo, Ok I finally got some pictures up. Sorry it took so long, i'm in college to be an Mechanical Engineer so I'm a little stretched for time. Still waiting on the tires. But these pics will give you a general idea of what I'm working with... That's also the space I'll be doing all my work in, but beggars can't be choosers :D :dancingmonkey: I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the metal bars that cover the gap between the gas tank and the frame? It would be of great help. I'm new to the Miami area so any tips on scrap yards would be a life saver.

I'll post more pics once I get the wheels and lights :rock:

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
metal bars that cover what gap? If you are talking about the indent left by where the fairing used to be they dont make anything, you have to have it welded like I did.
in the background you can see my gas tank where the new piece was welded on

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah I see, so what kind of place can I go to get that done? No tools or experience in welding......I'm also a noob when it comes to modding bikes. I really like the bike in your pic, I'm thinking of putting these lights on my bike
Not sure how they'll look yet, but I want something that's really bright, and 30 dollars is pretty easy on my wallet.

·
Moto Madness Customs
3,444 Posts
Ah I see, so what kind of place can I go to get that done? No tools or experience in welding......I'm also a noob when it comes to modding bikes. I really like the bike in your pic, I'm thinking of putting these lights on my bike
Not sure how they'll look yet, but I want something that's really bright, and 30 dollars is pretty easy on my wallet.
You can always go with the Acerbis style lights which is relatively cheap until you really decide or save up some money for a nice front mask. I carry the light above, just need some fork brackets for it :rock:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sweet! Thanks but just talked to my step dad and he's got some light laying around from his bandit 1200 fighter :party-smiley: I get the rims and tires tomorrow....but I have 2 exams and a group project this week.......Bleh I wanna say screw it and just work on my bike:rock: but that's college. More to come Saturday. And whatever admin moved this to the correct place thanks for helping a noob out :shootme:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I rattle can'd some purple rims with black engine paint after a pretty nice sand job, and I'm putting the tires on tonight. I still have to strip out alot of guts on the bike, and clean up that wiring....bleh electrical stuff sucks....

I'm thinking of making a seat and found some supplies to suit my purposes. I'll be using a plastic cutting board, foam, not sure what type of leather to use, but something durable....and then just attach it to the frame.

Pictures coming :rock: But i'm starting to wonder how good a katana will look.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts