Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1981 XS motor with a custom built frame from the ground up. It has 2006 R1 front end with radial mounted brakes, R6 rear shock and spring, and Triumph single side swingarm. The whole bike is finished in Line-X coating. I also installed a boyer electronic ignition and 38mm carbs. Its not all that fast but its a pretty fun little ride. Feels like a dragbike since your sitting so low on it. Let me know what you all think

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
thats friggin crazy.... I love it

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Very cool...but I gotta ask....do you have that exhaust coming out right where the riders right thigh is??????

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
niiiiiiice. i'll have to show that to my other mechanic at the shop. he's got an xs that's reeeally similar to that, but it's a rigid. he's gonna crap himself when he sees that.

love it, love it, love it. i hate jackshafts though. that was one of the things i refused to do with the XS i have now after using one on the last one. i can get offset sproclets for XS's if you ever decide to ditch that jackshaft.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
very cool!

not totally practical, but VERY cool!

:metal:

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that's my only gripe too, that's going to roast the riders right leg. other than that, tight!!
Actually it doesn't one bit. Its in just the right spot where, when your foot is on the rearsets and your knee pointed forward, the exhaust is about halfway between your foot and your ass. My friends hate having to sit next to me at a light though cause it hits them right in the face. I'll have to get a pic with me sitting on it so you can really see how it fits and the actual dimensions of the bike.

The covers and pipes haven't dragged either. the pegs drag pretty good though. If I am really laying into it I have to pick my inside foot up off the peg.

What's wrong with jackshafts? So far this is better than the 2 miles of chain and offset sprocket on my chopper.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Sick ,,, I love it ! :party-smiley:

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Very similar to what I had in mind...great job!

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys. I wanted to use the classic xs650 motor that has flat track races for years with todays high-tech suspension. I think I ended up with the perfect mix of vintage/classic and new all wrapped up in a streetfighter package.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Actually it doesn't one bit. Its in just the right spot where, when your foot is on the rearsets and your knee pointed forward, the exhaust is about halfway between your foot and your ass. My friends hate having to sit next to me at a light though cause it hits them right in the face. I'll have to get a pic with me sitting on it so you can really see how it fits and the actual dimensions of the bike.

i had a suspiscion that was the case.... i didnt think anyone would overlook THEIR OWN LEG when running exhaust pipes. hahah.

GREAT WORK :metal:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts