Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I've recently got my hands on a dirty 98 Bandit. Needs much love! I've been massively inspired by this paintshop effort from this very forum:

Now I need help and guidance in trying to create this, i.e. exhaust could I buy this off the shelve or is this custom. Seat where and how haha. Light anyone recognise it? Lastly forks????

This site is way too amazing, spent hours looking at peeps efforts!!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF crazychimpjimbo! Lovin' the dirty bandit! ;) Some of our bandit owners will be taking a look as soon as they spot your post. Good, solid bike there jimbo! :D

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
lets see

The exhuast looks like a turn out pipe off of the header collector. Which if you are going to do with the pod filters is going to make that bike tough to tune properly,not impossible but tough.

Front end: How many $$$ do you have?

What type of tools do you have...then we'll figure out the rest

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
nice. i have a bandito as well. if you can dream it you can achieve it.
first offf what year is your bandito? if its 2001+ its gonna take more work than if you had a 2000 and below. just because of frame design. dont copy some ones stuff exactly but lift from it.

Reactions: oldrider

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys!

Its a 98, not so fussed about the pod filters although the look is awesome! The exhaust is a must though! Loving the White look too So going to embrace the whole gold matt anodising look, Renthal bars, aftermarket levers, trailtech vapor etc!

Would love to sneak some carbon fibre in but unsure how at the moment!

As for the forks, those look expensive I was thinking of using suzuki gsx1100 which are upside down forks, and before fitting getting them anodised and rebuilt!

Tools wise, well I have some tools and I lack the space to work so will have to pay to have things like the exhaust done!

Brings me on to the seat, from browsing that seems like the frame is cut and changed?

I use to own a 1959 beetle which was far from stock, spent god knows how much so this does seem a cheaper and more fun option :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts