Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks currently riding an XT600Z Tenere 1VJ here in the UK and im looking at gettinf rid of it end of this season!
I am yet undecided between streetfightering a ZX6R from the late 90's or going down the classic route and getting something like a GSX750ES or a Zephyr. Only got a grand to spend on the bike as thats all i will get for my XT however i have a few issues!

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and have noticed when riding the XT how shattered i am even after a 40 mile run on main roads. I dont know whether this is down to the harsh vibrations and labour of riding a big 600cc single or if it is because the bike is naked. I had a zx4r previously that was faired and a 4 cyl and didnt notice getting tired on that.

I am a student so was wanting opinions on running costs of either choice and also opinions on performance, fun factor and whether to head for a bike with a half fairing like the GS or alternatives to look into and obviously if you think its the wind or the bike thats tiring me.

Look forward to your comments!
Dan
(also posted in discussion section as im daft)

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Dan! Do you have any pics of the bike? The natives will get restless without the pics! ;) Maybe you need vitimins? :D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maxxed out on vitamins! :( however this is my current bike!

and these are some of my options...
ZX6R fighter (possibly used a zrx1200 headlight

GSX750 ES would mainly just put some flat bars on and ride as is.

OR...Zephyr 750 and add flat gold bars and a cafe racer style screen/fairing (not in this colour though!)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the welcome and input :) i do like the zephyr! theres a gsx750w made around the same time thats a bit faster and lighter but looks the same but more tempted by those! its got all the classic lines i like whilst having modern handling and grunt (in theory)

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Welcom in first off Dan,the bikes weight is only revelant when yer manhandling the fooker around,once you get rolling its not so bad.Whats this crhonic fatigue thing you got?sounds like a bad thing fer sure!

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
welcome in. i say get them all. haha. though i am partial to the gsx750es as i have one (gs750e) stashed away that needs a lot

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chronic fatigue syndrome is shit! Constantly nackered and cramps/sickness and then youv got the headaches and atm im on loads of meds and i get about 3 weeks out of a month im ok and a week i cant leave my house feeling so rough :/ but hey ho bikes motivate me to keep tickin! the gsx750 is lovely and the one my heart wants but my only concern was the weight and reliability of it :/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts