Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As motorcycle builders, custom fighterers, and enthusiasts we all get that itch, what to do next. Some of us (myself included) have a pension for nearly finishing something and already getting on the thought of what will be next, what manufacturer, model, or classification will be next? What will be the next build?

As the turbo bike nears a point where I'll surely be putting miles on it and finding a new project. I heard a few friends mention what they are going to do next, and it got me thinking, what, if any, new project bikes is everyone looking into building? I'm hooked on an Italian lady being my next, of course after the Bandit is finished and sold. :D

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
After I finish the zx build I'm most defiantly looking to do a old kz cb or a late 80s early 90 gsxr 1 of those will most defiantly be my next project and I'm hoping it includes a engine over haul.

I think that's when you know you've lost it. When you WANT your project to involve engine work

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
I've been wanting to build a scooter based super-low foot forward quasi-streamliner thing for some time. Mostly just to see how fast you can get a scooter engine going if you drop the frontal area and improve the aero. Scooter engine because they are low power, light, and provide a nice self contained powertain / suspension unit.

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
I've been wanting to do an old kz with new front and rear end. Or get me another 1100 oil boiler. Unfortunately I'm going to stick with what I know considering my last project was a Kawi and it was a disaster.

One project I would love to build is a smaller bike, like an ex500 or even any 250, off road dirt bike type deal. Swingarm, front end, everything. On a street bike. I think it would be awesome. And it could potentially be fairly cheap.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
ive been wanting to build something 2 stroke for quite a while now so that will be what I search for as soon as my other two builds are done anyway lol.

·
Pinstriper4fun
763 Posts
I have a GS1100 frame and also the old RF forks I swapped. Will put them on and an updated rear. Then I still need to find an 1100 engine or whatever else comes along at the right price. Not sure about body work yet as I have none of that either.

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,689 Posts
Virago isn't even close to done, but the next bike will be a bobber. Already know it. Prolly base it off something like an XS650, I want something with kickstart. To me kickstart and bobber just go hand in hand.

·
746 Posts
Move back to Canada, Sell SR500 cafe racer

1. Finish air cooled/superbike hybrid Ducati thing

2. Finish Grand-Pa's old Sportster street tracker for daily rider

3. Build swingarm shovel head Harley for Dad

4. Build an XR650R multi-fighter for supermoto/ADV/snowmobile (timber sleds track for winter)

5. Resto-mod 1976 Honda Z50 (my first bike, still have) with a 4 speed pitbike motor, adult suspension and stock bodywork.

Then I'd like to say I'm finished. I'd have a sport bike, a daily rider, a dirt bike (that's also a snowbike) and a beer run toy. All very custom and filling all my needs. Maybe an SV650 track bike, oh and a motocross bike, or maybe...

It never ends does it?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I need to get my first build going first, which will be a 929/954/1000rr.

Then in no particular order-

I wanna do a cross plane R1. White, with the factory red frame. Make it look like a factory built bike, as opposed to a thrown together bucket of bits.

a cheap ass stunter, based on a 01+ gsxr750 with full crash cages, all the stunter toys so I have all the gear, just need the skill!!

A sexy motard, 450cc+, based on a ktm/husky/aprilia/yamaha XT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts