Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
heres what he said about it:

"I've been road racing a cr500 for about 15 years now. In all of this time i've only seized the bike twice. Both times it was my fault. Not the bike. My current bike is a highly, highly modified 99 model. It has beaten quite a few TZ250's not to mention endless amounts of 600's, 750's and 1000's. However, this bike performs very well with riders who have a lot of experience. Newby's would probably either crash it, blow it up or be intimidated to the point of hating it."

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
I LOVE cr500s, but relative to some that I've seen, this one doesn't really get me hard.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
i have mega raging boner...id race that shit real hard

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
It's prob the down pipes.

down pipes on a smoker are meh......

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
that pipe alone is giving me a hardon

Reactions: gsf1200R

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think that if you are looking at it from an asthetic point of view you are looking at it the wrong way.

i doubt you would be able to notice any of those things when he was passing you on the outside of turns.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
he'd distract you with his shoddily attached belly pan and mis-matched xr replica bodywork and you would make a mistake. :D

If I rode behind it I would be afraid the belly pan zip tys would break and cause me to wreck:):doh:

Im sure the bike is a blast to ride and super fast, its just one of those things id only take action shots of so they were blurry :)

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If I rode behind it I would be afraid the belly pan zip tys would break and cause me to wreck:):doh:

Im sure the bike is a blast to ride and super fast, its just one of those things id only take action shots of so they were blurry :)
hey now, most of my bikes are held together with zip ties, what are you trying to say?

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
dirttracker tail is mounted terribly looks wise, totally outta sync with the tank. that giant 2 foot metal pole holding up the exhaust isnt so fly either.

performance wise tho :thumbsup: steel frame is alot better for road racing so much less vibration. he might have actually swapped an alum for a steely.

wish there was an exhaust clip, i wanna hear that pipe.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
hey now, most of my bikes are held together with zip ties, what are you trying to say?
My old 86 rm250 was held together mostly with zip tys. I ate it off a double once and my seat flew off. very embarrassing:)

on a related note, my boss was on vacation for a week and some coworkers took some industrial 2ft long zip tys and some hockey sticks carefully placed above the drop ceiling and hung his desk chair upside down from the ceiling :D

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i used to have a cr80 that fell apart so much i finally just screwed the seat, side panels and rear fender together as one piece, and after that when i would land from anything big it would all fall off in one piece :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts