Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case it turns out I can't get the sv650 I've been trying to buy for the last 2 mths, do you guys think my 02 nifhthawk could be made into a viable streetfighter? There's not much on it that can be removed to lighten it. (it weighs about 480) and it sits pretty high.:(
 

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,722 Posts
of course you could fighter that honda out! some bikes just take more work than others to get to where you want em.

you down for the challenge??

how come you might not be able to get the sv you want?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
929_adam said:
of course you could fighter that honda out! some bikes just take more work than others to get to where you want em.

you down for the challenge??

how come you might not be able to get the sv you want?
The dealer mite not be able to find the little screws they lost during make-ready.The Suzuki poeple aren't being very cooperative. It's a 1st gen, so they say little parts like that aren't being kept on hand.:nuts:
 

·
Perpetual Project
Joined
·
3,695 Posts
Man thats a great situation for you! Just tell them to stop screwing with you, talk them down on the price for all the inconvienence they've caused you, get it for cheaper, then go to your local hardware store and spend a few $ and you're set. If they're something important like engine bolts you can get a anodized engine bolt kit from lockhart phillips for $60 or so, just get the dealer to knock that much off the price at least and you're set.
 

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,722 Posts
+1 thats only good for you. talk em down, and take it home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
929_adam said:
+1 thats only good for you. talk em down, and take it home.

The screws are from the carbs and they say it won't run w/o them so Ihave to wait. I'm riding the nighthawk down there today to see if i can get a definite date from them.:mad:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,596 Posts
Goblin said:
Just in case it turns out I can't get the sv650 I've been trying to buy for the last 2 mths, do you guys think my 02 nifhthawk could be made into a viable streetfighter? There's not much on it that can be removed to lighten it. (it weighs about 480) and it sits pretty high.:(
Why not do them both??????
 

·
Eff Tee Pee
Joined
·
29,722 Posts
sounds strange to me...most dealerships would throw a new carb on the bike to make the sale. if someone wants a bike at my work, but arent happy with something, we fix it on the spot or order the part immiediately if its gonna make the difference of selling the bike.

is it a real dealership or some small private garage deal??
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top