Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the original fairings or brackets or anything for the gauge cluster, I currently want to buy a cluster because ive had problems with temp and i really want a speedometer again. Is there a way to install these again with a bracket or something I can attach to the forks? Has anybody built something like that?/ I currently have the round 7inch headlight with fork brackets on my bike. thanks!

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well there are 4 hex screws on the triple tree, but i don't think that would work. there might be a way to attach the original gauges, if i stripped them down or bought them without the huge covering.

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
so you don't actually own the cluster right now? if that's the case, go digital. TrailTech Vapor's are the shit, amazon has them for under $100. I made a bracket that attached to the steering stem and centered it between reservoirs out of a piece of cheap aluminum that I had lying around.

Gauge has everything I need - tach, speedo, coolant/engine temp, and a few extras. Recommend highly. Model number would be 75-600 for silver or 752-600 for black. It's the model that fits SV650s or any other watercooled japanese bike.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so if i buy this trail tech vapor, can i use it with my stock connectors for my oil, temp, and all my gauges? What kind of kit or adapter do i need for my ninja? I just found a used trail vapor tech dashboard, im guessing thats what i need.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sounds like a pita, so i will more than likely just buy a cheap stock gauge and just figure out a way to attach it to my bike, theres still the bolts from the triple tree, i may be able to build some l-brackets and attach it. when theres a will, theres always a way. lol

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
so if i buy this trail tech vapor, can i use it with my stock connectors for my oil, temp, and all my gauges? What kind of kit or adapter do i need for my ninja? I just found a used trail vapor tech dashboard, im guessing thats what i need.
dashboard is different than the actual gauge. a dashboard had 4 different spots for lights.

Yes, it is a cut and splice operation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.