Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 zx11

when you whip the throttle open at idle it stalls. you can ride and give it no more than 5% throttle or the whole engine bogs down and dies. open the choke and it helps alittle but not much. has fuel out of the tank and lift pump is working accordingly, removed plugs and had oil on them from inner valve cover gasket leaking. cleaned them all and sanded the eclectrode but it wasnt real burnt anyways. put some dielectric in the wires. checked for plug wire shorts and none. restarted and same thing. it ran fine last week. it has an inline fuel filter and its clean.

with the choke helping im thinking lack of fuel concern but when it does it the entire motor bogs down. so whats the odds of all the carbs screwing up on the same day.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
No pinched fuel lines? Air filters are clean?

Make sure every fuel line is in good shape, unpinched, and unclogged.

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if i unplug the hosde from the tasnk i can watch the inline filter and judge fuel left and it still does it and itll do it with the airbox off

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Sounds like your not getting enough fuel, which would indicate a main jet problem. If you pull the choke (which cuts off intake air) and the bike runs better, that would be my guess. Did you do any recent exhaust mods that might require a rejet?

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
If your carbs are getting fuel then they're not spraying enough fuel. Could also be a problem with the bowl(s) not filling up

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Had the exact same problem on my 7r. Clean the shit out of the carbs before you do anything else. That's all it took on mine. But if you start there you can eliminate that if it doesn't fix it.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
accelerator pump ?? :LolLolLolLol::LolLolLolLol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts