Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,697 Posts
8sec-z said:
LOL!
Sounds like you might be running lean already!
My opinion? A two stage setup would be perfect for you. Turn on the first stage in the staging lanes with a 50 HP hit to your helmet and turn on the second stage for a 30HP hit in mid 2nd gear. Top that off with a hottie riding on your tank facing you doing naughty things....
just my two cents...or dreams...
Brad
hahhah! glad you found us! looks like your gonna fit right in here!

:cfrocks:

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
December is almost on us and I have the twin headlight conversion fitted.
The ride down to the tuning shop is now imminent and I'm looking forward to the next phase in the transformation of the SV1000 into the Dasler 996R TL2.

Prior to the re-mapping on the Dyno, the bike will have the major service involving the top-end strip and will then be fitted with the freeflow airbox ( which is worth 4BHP on it's own)
The existing PowerCommander will be retained and a Nikko G Pack T.R.E. will be snugged in with it sharing the same space under the pillion seat.

I've gone for a pair of gold effect anodised Aluminium Talon sprockets dropping one tooth from std. on the gearbox fitment and will be using a gold effect D.I.D. double o-ring chain.

Cost considerations are holding things back a Lil' this visit, but on the wish list for '07 are some Carillo rods and Wiseco H.C. pistons and mebbe an experiment with the slightly more radical cam profiles available and even the 1130cc big bore conversion, but for now as i've indicated in other posts on the CF forums I'm seriously looking at a dry nitrous kit and would rather risk wreckin' a standard bottom end than blowing a major hole in my bank balance as I start friggin' around with laughing gas.

The other consideration is this: I have read somewhere that although the T.R.E's are a great asset for any Suzi or Kawa based fighters, foolin' with the ignition advance could be a big No-No where nitrous oxide is concerned. Could be some of the Guru's can lend a hand here with some helpful advice.
For any other interested dudes here is a link to some info on all the avaiable A.T.R.E's out there in Wonderland: http://www.wotid.com/tls/content/view/20/57/

·
Registered
16 Posts
BB, you are right on the ignition advancer. I wouldn't do it. BUT, you could install the ign. adv. if you also installed a timing retard box that is triggered when you hit the nitrous button. Very simple install. You will still get your ign. adv. riding around naturally aspirated and all will be right in the world. When you hit the nitrous button, you will also be triggering the retard box and pulling out timing at the same time. Let go of the nitrous button, ignition timing will go back to normal (static). It is triggered by a 12v signal going to your nitrous solenoid. Around $350. They are usually adjusted with a dial or chips that insert in the side, though I recommend the dial.
Hope this helps.
Brad
http://www.mpsracing.com/products/Dyna/ig01ac.asp

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Many thanks Brad.
Isn't it great when you get the opportunity to exchange knowledge and experience like this with like minded enthusiasts, while also mixing it with all the other good natured banter and humour that goes on in here.

Anyways, here I have the perfect tailormade solution to the poblem and hey looky what else I found at MPS....

"NOS Ntimidator LED Purge Kit Features: Unique Kit Uses Bright Blue LED
Illuminates a 4 ft. Plume of Nitrous
Strikes Fear into Nighttime Competitors
Install Easily w/Common Hand Tools
Fits All Nitrous Kits w/-4 AN Feed Line"...

Wow talk abt makin' a statement or creatig a presence! lol...Phew.

Spot On Bud! Good magik

:jig: BB

·
Registered
16 Posts
My dad installed one of those LED kits on our drag car on the purge system. We used a Big shot solenoid with no jet restriction on our purge setup that exited by the windshield and that really cleaned out the lines! But, the "blue" effect wasn't as dramatic as you might think. It may be different on a bike type setup, though. Just not my thing. I'd rather have it concealed so my "victim" wondered what happened after 50MPH! I ride a Buell so I don't get to do much victimizing.:angry:
later

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,697 Posts
8sec-z said:
I ride a Buell so I don't get to do much victimizing.:angry:
later

maybe you can work on that part, but it sure looks good! wicked nice bike!

:rock:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would sell mine. I am trying for a second child (practicing by myself for now so i get it right...) and would like to trade for a Typhoon. Sorry for the harsh words...No one likes to hear of another rider trading their ride for a cage.
Brad

·
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
8sec-z said:
My dad installed one of those LED kits on our drag car on the purge system. We used a Big shot solenoid with no jet restriction on our purge setup that exited by the windshield and that really cleaned out the lines! But, the "blue" effect wasn't as dramatic as you might think. It may be different on a bike type setup, though. Just not my thing. I'd rather have it concealed so my "victim" wondered what happened after 50MPH! I ride a Buell so I don't get to do much victimizing.:angry:
later
Well I don't go out of my way to victimize any Farquar I usually just try to use a lil' skill an' imagination and sometimes a bigg dose of ballsyness to outride 'em.

To this end as I'm trying to pump even more horses out of this a blank canvas of a motorcycle, I am goin to do the Mr sensible thing and get a clutch that can handle all this Bang-bang-bang with the least losses and best overall performance in a competitive situation...Even Buell surely do one of these too?

Take a peek: http://www.sigmaperformance.com/slipperclutch.html

BB

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.