Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of running my bike with out a can, Cut down the stock pipes and throwing in baffle and tidying it up.
any tips ? any thing I should look out for?
Its only a 125cc (hyosung comet

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
I did this once.

Copy and paste:

First remove the factory baffle and cut about yea much off

I then turned it around to reverse the direction of the scoops.This was my plan for helping to reduce the effectiveness of the factory baffle to make it a little louder than stock.It worked.Now,take what was the inner flange and cut it down to fit inside the header, but leave two ears so you can bend up two tabs for mounting purposes.

Then i turned up a few of the louvers on the opposite end to help locate the baffle in the center of the header tube.I left them a little long and bent them not quite 90 degrees so that it would wedge itself tightly inside the header.

And thats pretty much it.I sunk the baffle in the header about an inch to help it be a little less noticeable.Drilled a hole and popped a little stainless steel machine screw in.

Ended up pulling the baffle out, wrapping it with header wrap and popping it back in to silence things more. I put about 12k miles on that setup and the header wrap never rotted or fell out.

(fuck...i miss that bike... :( )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts