Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my alarm/remote starter in my 97 GSXR750. When I activate the remote starter all the lights turn on, the fuel pump kicks in, and the engine turns over but their is no spark. Does anyone have any experience with this? I've read some things about having to run a 100ohm resistor in the ignition line but I'm not sure if that pertains to my model of bike or remote starter.

·
Hawk GT's are Cool
1,482 Posts
when i bypassed my igntion on my 02 gixxer i had to put a resister inline. but at this time im not sure what ohm resister it was. If you have stock guages hooked up, and that model has the trouble codes, it should throw a theft code if thats your problem. To this day i still havnt figured out why my fuel pump wouldnt come on with the relay plugged in, probably a short somewhere, just hooked up a toggle switch to the FP and has worked like charm for atleast a year now.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Power up your ECM. Make sure you power it with the voltage/amperage it's normally powered with!

Also, your ignition switch may have a built in resistance (anti-theft feature) that you need to compensate for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts