Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i just got a great deal on a 91 xr250l that runs but i don't have the title(it's not stolen I already checked) and i found a site where i can get an 87 ninja 250 frame with a title for about $250.. but i'm not sure if i want to go that route.

I guess my main question is does anyone have any suggestions on either how i can go about getting a title?
and/or what would be a good frame to put the engine in without having to do MAJOR modifications?(will it fit in any xr frame would)
also where can I find a frame with a clear title for cheap?
(if anyone has a frame w/title that want to get rid of pm me )
I was also thinking about just selling the xr or trading it for a bike that I can register

I can't decide what I should do.....what do you guys think I should do? Any suggestions?????
Thanks,
Josh
P.S.sorry if this is the wrong section(Didn't know where to post it)

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thank you thats a really good idea I never even thought about looking in other states(I figured you needed to live in that state, but i guess in vermont that doesn't matter) I'm in mass and the laws seem similar here, so I am calling the rmv on monday to find out if i can title it here
(is any one familiar with the process in Massachusetts? )

and I looked it up on the rmv site and some other site(the National Insurance Crime Bureau ) and found no record of it being stolen,
so im 99% sure it isn't but how else can i find out for sure? (without having to pay a site like carfax or something?)
should i call the police's non emergency number or the RMV or what?????? and why was it hard to get a cop to run the VIN? did you have to find one willing to run it or????????????
ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Josh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts