Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought my petcock was not working...well it turns out it seems to work fine if I put a little suction on but when its on my b12 it doesn't work...also it seems like is been missing a little but not bad just enough to heart every once in a while

I pulled my plugs just to check and they look great (actually kind of surprised lol)

Also in a seemingly unrelated problem when I fire it up its not running real well on the farthest right cylinder but it warms up and it its fine...

I'm kind of at a loss without an adaptor for my compression tester or a good way to check for vacuum leaks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

G

·
First i would strip the tap (petcock) check the diaphram for splits as when you are sucking it to check operation you may be creating enough vac to overcome a small split where as the small amount the engine give may not

A small squirt of starter fluid around the inlet rubbers will show up any vac leaks, do them one at a time & only a small squirt in that one area, listen for missing or a change in engine note & dont set yourself on fire

On start up once a little heat is in the bike a little squirt of water on the downpipes one at a time will tell you something about how its running ie is #4 getting as hot as quick

You could swap the vac pipe to a different carb & see if the tap works then if so theres a blockage in the vac take off

Theres a load of other things you can check but that should keep you going for a while :D

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i switched to number 2 carb and the pet cock is working also sprayed with starter fluid couldnt find any leaks but its also not the best way to find them

but im starting to notice fuel residue around the bowls so im thinking a rebuild and sync are probably in order

1 - 3 of 3 Posts