Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
How low can you go?
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my fighters front end consists of a k8 front suspension and wheel, with R1 Calipers. The Hand controls are woodcraft 3 piece triples, k8 gsxr radial brake master and a ZX14 radial clutch.

I may use the woodcraft raisers in the near future as my current riding position is less than comfortable, so a little slack would be nice. 1-2" at maximum. My real concern is the angles of the banjos

What Braided Lines should I use?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
measure the length of the lines you need for whatever you would be using at the tallest rise. then order some likes from a line maker. hel makes them. spiegler. and such. also you could look for a used rear braided line for an extended swingarm if you know how long it is. save yourself some money

·
Registered
740 Posts
There are several sellers on ebay that will manufacture lines to your specs. I have a set from Core Moto and they came out great. You can choose the color of the lines, banjos, and swages, length of the line, and angle of the banjos.

HEL does this also, though they're a little more expensive and have fewer choices.

·
How low can you go?
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking more for Galfer or Fren Tubo options. I could make a set locally, but I am would prefer a set that is DOT or off the shelf item that has a quality reputation.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I used Russell lines on mine.Dot approved.Measure the length of lines you need and order the banjos you need.Dont have to worry about the angle of the banjo as it screws onto the line and you can set it to where you want.Had them on for a while now and no problems.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
just make sure you measure with the front end fully unloaded. HEL is quality and so is Speigler. I would go with Speigler since their ends swivel. I ordered some custom lines and didn't consider the twist of the banjos so the line stuck out from the bike and looked odd.

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
just make sure you measure with the front end fully unloaded.
Yep. and use some string or wire to measure. Wire is better as it has some stiffness so you can get the routing correct.

·
How low can you go?
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very good to know. I was going to check the length of aftermarket R1 lines and scoop those up but this is a much better option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts