Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
motarded
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, West_Coast here, I'm a metal artists and I live in SF and I like to build motorcycles and bicycles. Looks like all the info for my next project is on CF forums so here I am. I was planning on buying a hypermotard in place of a 748 I just sold but, then a stray pup (cbr) found its way into my studio. So to scratch the itch of wanting a new bike I will breathe new life into this troubled machine, whats wrong with me?

Got a call saying someone wanted $200 for a neglected CBR 929 RR, 01' with 17k. I snagged it up, and rescued it from a retard who thought he knew how to build bikes. Anyways, the bike runs but will need everything but the motor rebuilt. It came with PCIII, riser bars and blocks, poorly done mods, new drivetrain and tires. My budget is $1200 ish for seal kits, battery, headlight, ducati airtech tail, paint, and fluids. I have some spare parts from an SXV 4.5 build that should help along with EBAY.

The plan; Rebuild brakes, bend back rotors, rebuild fork, rear shock, redo wiring harness, remove all emissions, make custom subframe for ducati tail, install lsl urbAN headlight, hack off pipe, install oil/gas/neutral lights, and get her on a dyno. Oh yeah some new jb weld on punctured oil pan.

I hope to make it have stealth mode with a single switch for the tail and headlight. Saw it in a movie once...

And it all starts here.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF.... Great bike to build how bout you throw up some of your metal art.

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF west_coast! Nice intro, pics, art & score!! :D

·
motarded
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I started a thread for the build "CBR 929 RR cafe stunt fighter". I have two months to finish it before moving to LA so I'm off the shop to get crackin. Airtech says they needed 4 weeks to complete the tail section so I have some time to get most of the labor done before fabricating the subframe(fun part). Now where is my cresant-hammer?

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68226

1 - 10 of 10 Posts