Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone
Came across this forum and all the great information while researching for a new fighter project. Currently working on trying to acquire a bike. Hopefully picking up either a CBR600F2 or YZF1000 Thunderace this weekend.
I gotta admit im a little intimidated by the thunderace as im 150lbs and 5'4" on a good day.
Living in San Diego so if any of you guys are in the area and have a good lead on a cheap bike let me know! :D
Been out of riding anything for the past 3 years, but I used to ride a 2005 ZX6R and been itching to get back out there and start riding again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So things escalated quickly and picked up a 97' YZF1000 Thunderace for $600!:rock: Cosmetically she looks rough, but the frame is square and motor sounds REEEEEAL healthy. The ride back home was a bit dicey. Im not sure if its because I haven't ridden in a few years, or suspension is loose, or maybe the loose fairing was just vibrating all over.

In any case I've already torn into it. Most likely going to powder coat the frame black, but against the fence on whether I should keep the engine factory aluminum or paint it flat black...

Here are some pictures of when I first got her home.
Sorry about the crappy angles, I have a small garage.

Here's some with all the fairings off

And this is how far I got tonight.

I have to keep a back seat for the old lady...Was thinking about retrofitting the newer R1 tail sections with the diamond or triangle taillight with subframe and all. anybody done this before?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts