Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ZX6R NoObie
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have 2000 ZX6R that want to turn into a street fighter. I don't want to get rid of it since it was my first bike and feel attached to it. I also am tired of taking it to the mechanic and decided to start doing my own work. I did two engine swaps on my old Civic, I am sure I can handle this (nervously saying it). Anyways I hope to get some information and opinions from you guys along the way. The bike at the moment is apart and am having a wee of issue with the wiring harness.

Thanks

·
ZX6R NoObie
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ya'll. MikeGyver no i think i wont mess with its ride experience yet. Just cosmetic modifications at the moment. At the moment I am stuck on what seems a dumb wiring issue but have not yet got any suggestions on what it can be. This four plugs did not exist on the old wiring harness I changed out.

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
welcome in mate,is thata newer year harness?

·
ZX6R NoObie
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Robbo,

actually no. I ordered it according to the bikes year. I have been suggested to the coil packs and plugs to the solenoids. The coil packs were plugged in already unite and go to one connector that connects to the harness. The solenoid (from the image i was sent) looks like it but I don't see my bike having those connectors on them. :kenny:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts