Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob from Mississippi pics added by request, pg.2

Hello all. I have trouble organizing my bookmarks, and was clicking through them and ended up here somehow. Don't remember adding or looking around before, but I'm glad I did. The site looks pretty cool. I noticed that a couple of the guys from svrider.com are here, so that's probably how I ended up with this link.

I ride an 05 sv650s that I converted to a naked. I've added a couple of budget mods and have a lot of plans. Sadly my accountant (wife) doesn't see how my modding fits into our budget. :( She's actually really great, and lets me buy my toys if at all possible. She talked me into riding a few years ago actually. She rolls on a 250 ninja, which we both used to learn on. She's looking to get a 650 ninja soon, so I guess my SuperDuke will have to wait. :D

I dig the site and look forward to getting to know you guys.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
my wifey will be getting her license this spring so she can ride with me...... but she wants all the fairings on her bike.... weird

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE MAROONBULLY

glad you finally went thru your bookmarks. . . i do that from time to time as well.

dont forget to post pics of your bike..or you will be mercilessly hounded by the fighterers!

:cfrocks:

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
WELCOME!
250's are sweet, I still have mine, fightered out, show it to your wife and maybe she'll get ideas;)

My wife likes to ride, but can't get her US licence yet (she's Canadian). When she does, she'll inherit the 250 fighter, she shares my fondness for fighters:metal: Pretty much the coolest chick ever.

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts
fslflint said:
candyman, she sounds cool...... except she's a canuck. LOL

"Canadian chicks kick ASS!":metal:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sadly, my wife's all about the fairings. Looks like her next ride will be the twin 650 ninja. The only nakeds she's ever liked are the monsters and the 599/Hornet.

Do I need to post pics in the thread? I added some to my garage. I'll post a few here, I don't have many decent pics for the time being.

Started as:

All the junk removed:

Aztec8's have since been removed due to rust problems:

Wife's and Mine, current:

Another of mine, current:

Hack job on stock pipe, removed about 10 or 11 inches before and after:

Ghetto fender elim using stock plate light from fender:

Buell footpegs for comfort:

Basket Case, 76 sporty:

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Yes pics are the best way to make friends on this site! I'm liking what you have in your stable though, looks good...although that XL needs some love lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
inline4 said:
Hey maroonbully, Where in MS are you located? I'm in the Memphis area.
Jim
Way away from you lol. Hattiesburg, about 1 hour from the gulf coast. :)

Niiiice cut on the pipe, ever think of painting it?
Thanks, and I have. But after seeing pics of a home done job, I think I'll wait. That pipe may have to come off soon. I may be moving soon, and if so will probably be in a gated apartment type place. Probably to loud, so I'll have to buy a pipe will a little more (read any) muffling ability. If I don't move, I'll probably just polish it back up. I have plans on using some header wrap from the engine up to the edge of the pipe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts