Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm Mike. I'm brand new to riding and just acquired a 2002 Yamaha yzf600r in a trade for a couple firearms. It's rough. Body damage, no second gear, bald rear tire. It's been rode hard and put up wet. Strong engine and runs great if you skip 2nd.

So I've planned to put a substantial amount of time into doing the repairs and investing in some new parts and tires. I love the streetfighter look, but is it possible to get it right on a very tight budget. Use original headlight and cluster maybe. Or junk yard parts? I'm short on money, not time or will so I'm willing to dedicate time and hard work into iT.

My thoughts were to remove the front fairing, leave the light and cluster, new seat, remove sand and paint the remaining fairings...I'm thinking flat black? Maybe going for a blacked out look?

Any advice?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
welcome in mate ,checkout the members project bikes-plenty of nice work done durt cheap'

(LOL plenty of nice work done notso cheap ;))anyways set uppa bild thred you shoud get plenty of helpful advice fer sre

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Will do.

I got creative and pulled the fabric off an office chair I had in storage. Half an hour, some spray adhesive and a staple gun later I had a newly re upholstered seat. It's not that pretty, but it works. Removed the front fairing and threw on an old harley light that used to be my dad's. It needs some modification to fit properly, but I think I kinda like the look of it so far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
Thanks. Will do.

I got creative and pulled the fabric off an office chair I had in storage. Half an hour, some spray adhesive and a staple gun later I had a newly re upholstered seat. It's not that pretty, but it works. Removed the front fairing and threw on an old harley light that used to be my dad's. It needs some modification to fit properly, but I think I kinda like the look of it so far.

this !

LOL yer doin awesommate ,I woud rip me couch up as well ha ha .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys, here's how the yzf600r looks now. Still some work to be done, but I like it. Went for a apocalypse style build. I was contemplating keeping the front fender and painting it the same as the tank...until I accidentally destroyed it. Damn, think it would have looked nice too.

Grand total spent on this build....$45. For the rear tire I found brand new on the local Craigslist. Did the paint myself with left over rattle cans. Mounted the tire myself. Chopped up the original cluster and just mounted the speedo.

What do you think? Any advice? I was thinking of adding a shotgun mount on the right side where the rear fairing Woukd be. Not sure if I want to be hassled by the popo or not yet lol.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts