Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone!!

I'm new to this forum and this will be my first thread... I am also pretty new to motorcycles, and especially modifying motorcycles, so please excuse me not knowing some lingo.

My name is Bruno and I live in Los Angeles, CA. I'm 27 and work at a restaurant as a server and a manager. I got my first motorcycle last year for my 26th birthday, I bought a 1983 Suzuki GS 750 E with only 15,500 miles on it! It's totally stock except for a lower corbin seat which the original owner put in. I had just finished the MSF Rider course when I bought the bike, so I was able to get my M1 license and start riding! In one year, I put 4000 miles on it and I love it!

Since I've had the bike for a year now and have gotten very comfortable riding it so I figured it was time to start customizing! I really want to turn her into a Cafe Fighter. Cosmetically, I want to clean up the front, and replace the whole headlight housing and windshield with just a single round headlight with some new turning signals, replace the boxy gauges and replace with a dual gauge set up, change out the handle bars but I don't know to what, and replace the stock mirrors with bar end mirrors, then clean up the back by taking off the licence plate holder and turning signals so there's a nice straight line all the way back, and finally maybe beefing up behind where the seat ends so get more of that cafe look to the rear. As far as the engine goes, I want to start stripping down everything I don't need on the bike. Then for the exhaust I want to clean it up by using a 4-1 header into a shorty GP style tip coming out of the right side. Like I said, I am new to motorcycles so I'm not sure what else to do from there with the engine. Any suggestions??

I have already ordered the headers (Vance & Hines) as well as the GP style tip, gaskets, new turning signals for the front and rear, and bar end mirrors. I figured I would start with that, get the rear cleaned up by getting rid of the dual pipes on either side of the bike. Also get rid of the stock mirrors and stock turning signals.

Am I on the right track here? Any opinions and guidance is more than welcome!

That's about it!

Thanks for your interest and I look forward to hearing about what you guys think!

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF calirider! That's a good looking bike as she sits, but you're definately on the right forum for help & suggestions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts