Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody

completely new to all this. never really done any work to a bike before other than change the chain and sprockets on my old 125cc. so this is going to be a massive project for me.

I got myself a little bargain with this 1988 zx10 b, £200 and it came with a spare engine!!!
haven't even started her yet though, had some problems with the clutch and tensioner (if there are any other zx10 owners out there you might know my troubles) so needed to sort that out first.

I had originally planned to keep it fully faired but paint it matt black. but after finding a picture on this forum of another users streetfighter zx10 I couldn't resist. you sir have inspired me..

So here she is, in need of some tlc. but im excited

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
as in, not the easiest to streetfighter? or to ride?

this is the one i've seen on here, and what i'm aiming for.
ZX 7-9 tail? looks very nice there .Welcom in and have fun here mate .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ZX 7-9 tail? looks very nice there .Welcom in and have fun here mate .
Thanks buddy.

Yeah I believe it's ZX9 tail. My plan is to sell all my fairings (as I think they could be gold dust on ebay) to pay to make this happen. Although I have no idea what sort of price they sell for yet.

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
as in, not the easiest to streetfighter? or to ride?

this is the one i've seen on here, and what i'm aiming for.
Hey that's my old bike, started burning oil from years of being turned over with the ignition messed up, washed out rings I guess.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone

Hey that's my old bike
Haha yeah I know, was hoping you'd comment.
I think I'm pretty much going to copy what you've done, looks so much nicer like this.
What tail end did you use?
I'm probably going to be picking your brains if you don't mind mate? This is a complete first for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts