Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

The quick and dirty: I've been riding for 15 years. Previous bikes have been: '98 Triumph Daytona, '00GSXR 600, '00 ZX12, '03 ZX6RR, '06 ZX14 which I just sold to pay down some debt and I picked up a FREE '81 CB900 Custom which is going to be far from not costing me anything by the time I'm done "fixing" it up. I found this site by searching for fork swaps and in my rush to find a front end I forgot to start this thread first. Oh well, I think I found the parts I need and can already tell that there's a shitload of knowledge here. My plans for the bike are to strip what isn't needed and end up with something beautifully ugly.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Welcome in bud. Love me some old CB 's! A lot of guys overlook the C models, but you can do some awesome stuff with one. Get crackin'!

Those carbs can be a bit Moody on those bikes. Its not impossible, but if you're thinking about running pods id hold off on that until very last thing. If you need any help on anything model specific PM me. I'm more of a sohc guy, but I can hook you up with some very knowledgeable dohc nuts.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome in bud. Love me some old CB 's! A lot of guys overlook the C models, but you can do some awesome stuff with one. Get crackin'!

Those carbs can be a bit Moody on those bikes. Its not impossible, but if you're thinking about running pods id hold off on that until very last thing. If you need any help on anything model specific PM me. I'm more of a sohc guy, but I can hook you up with some very knowledgeable dohc nuts.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Motorcycle.com Free App

I've heard they're terrible with pods, but I'm going for it anyway. I'll need a stage 3 kit and probably pay someone to set them up for me after I fuck them up. I just received my carb kit from Randakk's Cycle Shakk. I also bought a complete '96 CBR900R front end from DrJellyFingers. Friday night (and Saturday morning) I built a lift for it based on one in the homeade tools section. This place has already been a huge help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts