Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Grateful Newb
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me say hey from AK. I had never ridden until I bought my bike (02' Kawi Ninja 1200C/ZZR) last summer and promptly threw away the back seat. I bought the wife an 01' TLR with gay flames and junk to keep her away from mine. This summer, it's nekkid time.

I have many noob questions that I can't seem to iron out through forum searches, so I am hoping to bother some of you guys that have more seat time. By noob, I mean, I don't know anything about anything.:confused:... well maybe electrical.

First - Coolant: I want to replace the radiator with a smaller one that I can relocate. Are there any issues? If I go smaller there, would I need to go larger on the oil cooler? The oil unit is pretty small, so with a couple new hoses, I think a move would be easy.

Second - Air Intake: I have read mixed opinions on Kawi air boxes. I would like to pod up (and sock, if need be) to get room for other junk. Is this going to be a problem? Should I leave it alone?

Third - if I get my carbs podded up, do I have to use aluminum to fabricate a tank? I want to mold a new tank/cover so I can integrate some guages. I still would like to keep the stock valve and float sets for ease of operation/installation.

Fourth - I have the D&D slips that were on the bike when I bought it. I have chopped the 4to1 set off, and I am planning to run two sets of 2to1.

I won't be doing anything to increase performance until next summer. This summer is about glassing up a pan and tail section etc... I have pulled and chopped away, but I am at a point where I want to start putting things back. Gonna try to post pictures of how it is right now.

Last question... What the heck is this bike? (Not the TL, but the Ninja) Is it a touring version of the 1100? It is a pain to find OEM stuff for. Good thing I don't care about OEM.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,557 Posts
you both got 1000+'s for your first bikes?????

:confused:

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
welcome to the site.

sounds like your doin some serious work right off the start :rock:

·
Grateful Newb
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fo sho, mang! I didn't want to outgrow the bikes too fast. Hers is a 1000, but mine is some sort of factory bored over 1100 or something like that. I believe the ZZR runs at like 1164 or something like that. I layed it over, but it was the second time I had ever been on it, and I was on a sandy, inclined, culdesac turning around. lol... I looked down and went down.

Ridewise, we are doing pretty good. I only have a couple thousand miles under my belt, but I still slilp the clutch and hop around like a tard. lol.:wheelie:

·
Ridin' Dirty
6,773 Posts
Nice, I like your no fuckin around attitude, way to go.

And lets see more pics:party-smiley:

·
Grateful Newb
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some pics of the project. Please ignore the shape of the garage. I have a lot of other stuff I am working on. Yes, I do know the tail frame is bent. The bike is crazy dirty, because I haven't cleaned it since riding through two hail storms and a flood, last season. heheh.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts