Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm a noob to Streetfighter bikes, but due to a recent lay down :doh:

I now get to explore what it's all about.

Here is my '91 FZR 600 right after the fall:

And here it is in the tear down process for streetfighter:

I'm excited to learn what I can do with this bike, and am grateful in advance for any and all help.

My first thought is to get rid of the front mounting bracket, and wanted to know how others have mounted their gauges. I've seen the lights mounted to the forks, but didn't see how the gauges were mounted.

Thanks!

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
whale cum in

Reactions: Kaos

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Sorry ta see yer bike all fooked up but theres a good ending to this tale !

·
245 Posts
Not many people can say something good happend when they crashed. :cfrocks: Welcome in!

·
Speed Euphoria
1,069 Posts
welcome , and to answer your question most people make a bracket to hold the guages wherever you like. There are so many different ways to do this. The sky is the limit. You can mount them up in the stock location , mount them on the bars, on the tank , or get rid of it...

Good luck

·
PhotoChop Master!
115 Posts
welcome , and to answer your question most people make a bracket to hold the guages wherever you like. There are so many different ways to do this. The sky is the limit. You can mount them up in the stock location , mount them on the bars, on the tank , or get rid of it...

Good luck
You just made me wonder if anyone's every built one INTO the tank? =O I wanna try.

OT: Welcome in man! :rock:

·
SHOWUSYATITS
5,378 Posts
Welcome noob!
Yup seen a few built into the tanks. Otherwise a bracket from the forks does ok as does the tripple....

·
Super Moderator
3,029 Posts
Welcome in! There are plenty of FZR builds on the site. A quick search should yield results to answers.

Later, Doug

·
4,400 Posts
Welcome to Custom Fighters

·
Jarhead Supreme
6,487 Posts
Welcome to CF.

I got a running FZR that I'm bout to part out, PM me if you need anything off of it.

It may be possible to french some gauges into the tank cover, but you will have to get a R6 radiator (or some other radiator that has a top fill) and pod filters to make some room in there. If you take a look at my bike, i put idiot light on my tank cover, but i had to modify the air box.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Welcome to CF...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts