Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new in here, but have been scrolling through alot of the threads on here for a while. Alot of really good builds and good looking bikes!

I'm considering starting a build this winter, and I'm looking for bike suggestions to get me started. Bikes I'm looking for are relatively cheap (not really cheapish), easy to get parts, and has a good rumbling sound and a snarl to them.

Thanks!

-Max

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
Re: Good Bikes for First Build

Welcome, props for VIPing up for your first post!

Where are you? Different markets have different prices / availability of course! What've you had before, what cc are you thinking?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts

Bandit 1200. 96-00
gsxr 1100 93 and up
Kawi zx7r and zx9r have that mean sound in spades.
900rr
zrx 1100 or 1200
Vfr 800 sound wonderful but the layout is a little more tricky to make a really good looking fighter out of.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the tips! I definitely want to go for a kaw for the sound, i tried a z750, and that was amazing! However, having a bike that already is a streetfighter from the factory defeats the whole purpose in my opinion :p

I'm in Norway btw. So bikes aren't really cheap... :/ but I've seen zxr750s in need of some love going for about about 1000 GBP. Is that an easy bike to do a tail conversion on? Was thinking I would get a -06 1000rr tail for whatever bike i get. Love them tails!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
50,500 Posts
just moved yer thred into tha welcome area Max,ya will get more views there ;)

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Nice on the VIP!

Just search the site (search button), there's a ton of new people that have asked the exact same thing 100 times, you'll be sure to find something. In short, my answer is oil boilers.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Whatever you can afford to buy and then have money leftover for parts. I've seen guys here take the least likely candidates and turn them into panty dropping perfection. Keep us in the loop amigo and good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Cheers neighbor!

This I wanna see, there`s just something about the long, cold dark winters around here that makes the people a little... off-centered as are their builds!

My suggestion, and this is from experience, get something that has carbs, and possibly a "black" metal frame. The electrickery is waaay simpler than anything injected, and an iron frame is much easier to mod than an aluminuminum one. You might wanna pull a few plate numbers through an insurance company web site calcumalator, at least here almost all Kawasakis, Ninjas especially, suffer from their own popularity which shows in the insurance costs being sky high. For some reason 600 F2 and F3 cbr:s cost around half of what any Kawi would.

Man I`m soooo jealous for you guys for that coastline, Slartibartfast really outdid himself there :D fjord carving is something I`ve coveted to do for years but don`t have the time nor money to come... Been to Norkapp once though but that was by bus years and years ago, the tunnel was nearing finished but wasn`t open yet.

And for anyone that missed the joke, read the Hitchhiker`s guide to the Galaxy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts