Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please don't haze me lol...I have a 99 gsxr750 and can't figure out the best way to mount the rubber pieces and screen for the air intake....I see it done on other bikes on here, but it's done so well I can't see what is being used to hold them on. Or are there other ideas?

Also, do I have to keep the OEM radiator or can I go with a different make/model? Does it have to keep the same volume of fluid or does that matter? Again...open to suggestions

What is the best way to go about taking my stock pipe and can down to a a cun underneath the bike? Again...I've seen the pics of it done on here...but just asking about the steps that were taken...I ride year round...so I just can't go cutting into stuff and then mess up hahah the bike is all I have.

Any info is greatly appreciated...thanks!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here are some pics

Use the jb weld here?

and can the bike take a different radiator?

Hey 1st bel air...your RAD screens are awesome....how'd you get the screen to stay in there? Adhesive spray? Did you put that on after or before the paint and primer?

Thanks fellas!!!

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
the stock radiator fits in a pretty tight spot as it is. Im sure you could get just about any to fit but you may end up with clearance issues if you are not careful. The rad on that bike is a decent size and i personally wouldnt go smaller. Especially since the fairings arent there anymore(they actually help pull some air through).

for the screens, you have two spots right there on the frame that are threaded. you could make a piece that bolts there. Other than that, 3m tape works well but the stuff i would suggest is expensive, $40-$50/roll. You can also use epoxies but think long and hard about this if you want to get them back off. Not to mention some of those epoxies will eat paint so you may end up with a big mess.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
To attach the screen, You could cut it close so it fits tight, snapps in almost, and then use a small bead of black permatex. It cuts easy if you want to remove it and stays tight ???

Cat

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
please don't haze me lol...I have a 99 gsxr750 and can't figure out the best way to mount the rubber pieces and screen for the air intake....I see it done on other bikes on here, but it's done so well I can't see what is being used to hold them on. Or are there other ideas?

Also, do I have to keep the OEM radiator or can I go with a different make/model? Does it have to keep the same volume of fluid or does that matter? Again...open to suggestions

What is the best way to go about taking my stock pipe and can down to a a cun underneath the bike? Again...I've seen the pics of it done on here...but just asking about the steps that were taken...I ride year round...so I just can't go cutting into stuff and then mess up hahah the bike is all I have.

Any info is greatly appreciated...thanks!!
99% of the people here are great man, unless the question is really offensive. you wont get hazed, this isnt stuntlife lol

·
Only GOD can judge me
497 Posts
Damn..your ride went from flashy to straight up mean machine.

How's it flyin 130+ w/ no windscreen? lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts