Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF firemanjim! Nice intro & NIIIIIICE bike! Make yourself at home & good to have ya here! ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike, good guess, been 220 faired, and 207 "naked" more in her, sister bike ridden by my Aussie team mate, Kim Krebs, has been 239--- she is one fast lady!

Funny story behind bike. I had been salt racing for several years and had a chance to go and race at salt in Australia. Met a nice bunch of folks while there. A couple years later and I get a call from one--Greg Watters-- he was interested in coming to Bonneville and wanted to see what help I could be. Had a shop and spare room and was alrready going to go so said I would haul their stuff as well. Greg has 750 all done in Aus but found the 5000 to ship one bike a bit much. He bought wrecked 750 on eBay and had it shipped to my shop.Before they arrived I made certain it was a good runner as ad had said, then off to get frame checked. It was good. They Aussies showed on a sunday, by monday the engine was out and apart,it got a spacer under cyl to lower compression and HD valve springs. They had mailed some of the turbo components and carried the rest in luggage!!!
By the next sunday we were at the salt flats and had run as fast as 219mph--- on a bike from eBay.
And the sad part was they had to leave the bike with me!!! Promptly took it to El Mirage and went 206 in the dirt. Greg and Kim have been coming back ever since though after the first couple years of sharing the bike they organized enough others to come and began shipping their bikes here .Have lotsa pics, and check out our racing website www.blackartracing.com.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts