Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall making a coolant overflow bottle for my gsxr 600 . wondering do I have to change coolant and drain it all? and also im going to paint the radiator is just a basic spray paint ok to use?

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,504 Posts
When was the last time it was drained and flushed? Coolant is cheap. If you are going to paint the raditor just remove it at the same time you flush and refill the system.

Basic spray paint should be ok, just don't go very heavy on the fins. A very light dusting at most.

If you want to do it right then Eastwood sells radiator specific paint if you can't find it at the local auto store.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got the bike the beginning of this year and it was just drained right before that. And ok I'll have to go pick some of that up

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,174 Posts
Just got the bike the beginning of this year and it was just drained right before that. And ok I'll have to go pick some of that up
Unless you saw it get done or have the receipt, I wouldn't trust someone telling me that "it got done."

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah figured they weren't telling the truth I'll be changing it this week and making a new reservoir this week also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts