Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I just got this bike, and it runs great, although it needs some essential parts that i cannot find anywhere! I have been searching everywhere, and all the parts i see are for a zx10r, but ive got a zx10b. I am brand new to street bikes, but from what i can tell, the fairings are completely different, in fact, it looks like a completely different bike!

My Question is, where can i get aftermarket parts for this bike? Im in need of a gas tank, id like some new fairings, and some small things like a cover for the back panel, covers for the cockpit area. I would be open to modify it to look like a streetfighter as long as its not TOO expensive..

Hey maybe parts would be cheaper! Thx in advance for the help fellas, im needing it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah, not much luck with ebay, maybe 2 hits, pretty expensive, but i was hoping to hear what kinds of parts are compatable so i can have a better selection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
them bikes are getting rare... i can't find more than a handful of them on the internet. It's like they have disappeared from the past. Were there not many of these bikes in production? were they all totaled? what's the deal? I found a gas tank from a junk yard, but still having a prob with the fairing on the left side.... the plastics might not hold together if they are not there and under 100 mph winds.

this thread isn't gainging any traction, but i'd like to hear from more people... that's kinda why i joined this community. :party-smiley::letsride:

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Rare fairing = ebay goldmine. Sell them! Also try owners forums for sales too. Then Fighter that thing, get that frame on show (i think that's a pretty nice looking frame, esp. near the foot pegs). Get a better looking, (less 80s/fat) tail on there, have a killer bike that's paid for itself.

Just sayin'. And welcome to CF!

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Rare fairing = ebay goldmine. Sell them! Also try owners forums for sales too. Then Fighter that thing, get that frame on show (i think that's a pretty nice looking frame, esp. near the foot pegs). Get a better looking, (less 80s/fat) tail on there, have a killer bike that's paid for itself.

Just sayin'. And welcome to CF!
That's Brit smarts ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
The old ZX10 is part of the "Gpz900R, 1000RX, ZX10, ZZR1100/1200" evolution.
It's a land barge and has zero connection to a modern ZX10R other than the badge.

Not bad bikes. I did huge mileage / ran at the drags etc on a similar ZZR11.
I always thought the snub nose "1000RX" had the best shape.

Not the easiest bike to make look good naked, the motor / hoses / frame aren't as easy
on the eye as many older bikes frames and engines, why Busa fighters go like stink but
rarely look as tidy as older oil cooled GSXR fighters.

Nota bad bike to play with though. It's big bore and Kwak so not all bad !

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
I had one of those, Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

Traded in towards my 2010 (kinda regret it sometimes)

the actual model is a zx1000b
zx1000b1 = 1988
zx1000b2 =1989
zx1000b3= 1990
That's it, some zx11 parts will fit if modified, but not many, and they aren't an improvement really.
An early model zx11 rear wheel will fit and give you a 17 inch rear, but you must machine 1 of your concentric chain adjusters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts