Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking the site for a couple weeks now, and decided to post. I don't have a bike yet, but next year ill have saved up enough to purchase one around the $4000-$5000 range.

What bikes should I look for to turn into a streetfighter/stunter that still has a comfortable ride. I already have plans to drive to the lake of the ozarks (from IL, about 5 hours) and even possibly Florida. So obviously I need something that is going to be a little comfortable on long trips. Needs to be in the 600cc range. I'm about 5'9" 130lbs (yes I'm a small guy) So I don't need anything to extreme.

I know you all probably hate the people who come in here and ask this question, but I've done a lot of research and at first I wanted a 636 hearing that it is the most comfortable "crotch rocket", then I heard from another place its a very aggressive stance. So then I was looking at SV650's reading how good they are...but are bad for wheelies.

Point me in the right direction. Thanks guys!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
The ergonomics of a motorcycle can be altered. Most of us put different handlebars and rear controls on our bikes to do just that.

Welcome to the site.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
if you want a stunt bike.....dont buy an sv. the f4i and the 636 are the most popular stunt bikes out there, but the 636 is known to be more delicate. the 600rr's are also becoming more popular, but are not as easy to stunt as an 'f4easy'!

if you want a better stance....put dirtbike bars on it.

WELCOME TO THE SITE. THANKS FOR SIGNING UP!

·
Registered
854 Posts
welcome! As much as I like to promote the awesomeness of the SV don't get one if you want to stunt. There is a guy on SVrider.com that stunts his (wanna say his username is madmike) but he's done extensive work on it. F4i sounds like a good choice.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Gotta do a bit of work to the SV motor to keep it from starving for oil during wheelies.

·
Registered
854 Posts

·
Been lurking the site for a couple weeks now, and decided to post. I don't have a bike yet, but next year ill have saved up enough to purchase one around the $4000-$5000 range.

What bikes should I look for to turn into a streetfighter/stunter that still has a comfortable ride. I already have plans to drive to the lake of the ozarks (from IL, about 5 hours) and even possibly Florida. So obviously I need something that is going to be a little comfortable on long trips. Needs to be in the 600cc range. I'm about 5'9" 130lbs (yes I'm a small guy) So I don't need anything to extreme.

I know you all probably hate the people who come in here and ask this question, but I've done a lot of research and at first I wanted a 636 hearing that it is the most comfortable "crotch rocket", then I heard from another place its a very aggressive stance. So then I was looking at SV650's reading how good they are...but are bad for wheelies.

Point me in the right direction. Thanks GAYS
Hey TwistedDrum5. Whats all this crotch rocket stunter stuff and wanting a comfortable 5 hour ride. you are falling into the trap of hoping just ONE bike will fill all your needs. I'm sorry goodfella, but these are as rare as rockin horse shit.

haelo's right about the oil pick-up problem with the SV.

All the other guys have valid suggestions too. But If you want this mix to really work for you, depending on the depth of your wallet, I'd seriously look at a Triumph Triple....Bomb proof motor, shit loads of torque and reliable too...Google a nearby dealer or look at some reviews....Good Luck and welcome :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey TwistedDrum5. Whats all this crotch rocket stunter stuff and wanting a comfortable 5 hour ride. you are falling into the trap of hoping just ONE bike will fill all your needs. I'm sorry goodfella, but these are as rare as rockin horse shit.

haelo's right about the oil pick-up problem with the SV.

All the other guys have valid suggestions too. But If you want this mix to really work for you, depending on the depth of your wallet, I'd seriously look at a Triumph Triple....Bomb proof motor, shit loads of torque and reliable too...Google a nearby dealer or look at some reviews....Good Luck and welcome :)
Thanks for the info...and I said GUYS not GAYS! lol.

I think I'll end up going with a F4i. I could still ride it long distances...won't be like riding a goldwing or something, but ill be able to handle it. I'll just put some new handlebars on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts