Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im liam, 24 from england.
had my z1000 for 3 1/2 years and have been steadily modifying in throughout, nothing too indepth as yet...
found this forum when googling info on my planned vfr swingarm install, when i stubled across greencheeseaters (rip) awesum z1000, after reading through multiple pages of his build i decided to sign up!

anyhoo heares the z when i first bought it

then modded to this

and finally this is how it stands today

thanks! liam

·
Registered
740 Posts
Nice, looking good. There's a few of us here with first gen Z's, still the best looking ones IMO.

The only problems I've had with mine is a leaking valve cover gasket that started around 30k, and the stock fuel pump took a dump at like 25k (would fall on it's face after 3-4 seconds at high throttle/rpm). Otherwise it's been awesome and I'm not gentle with it.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF........

Looks great I like the faded rims they look great. Is that a 03/04 zx6 front end you swapped on there?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, looking good. There's a few of us here with first gen Z's, still the best looking ones IMO.

The only problems I've had with mine is a leaking valve cover gasket that started around 30k, and the stock fuel pump took a dump at like 25k (would fall on it's face after 3-4 seconds at high throttle/rpm). Otherwise it's been awesome and I'm not gentle with it.
the only problems ive had with mine (currently at 25k) have been a acumen alarm deciding to immobilise the bike wile on the way to squires...
some corrosion in the combined earth connector behind the o/s triangle infill peice
and a starter soleniod...

@ yz75fighter, no its a c1h front end, the b1h front end does fit but i wanted to use the zx10r mudguard (3 peice with black plastic sides) so opted for the c1h...

thanks for the comments!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts