Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

NOOBIE QUESTION - FORKS DECISION

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Watercooled 
#1 ·
Figured this is the perfect place for this question.... Can't get flamed being a noob...lol.

How do you guys go about choosing your fork setup? Is it looks? Functionality? Whatever fits?

The reason I ask is because I'm not digging the looks of the 94 ZX7's forks and was thinking of Jamming a set of forks from 04 ZX10 on the bike. My reasoning was looks, as I don't like the bulk down low on the stockers. The 04 ZX10 are a little slimmer which would be a little more aggressive looking and the caliper mount looks a lot cleaner.

Any comments are appreciated.

Once I make my decision I will post up in the fork swap if I need your help.............. and I probably will

#5 ·
I am going to do a bit of research this week to see if anyone has pulled it off and see how they like it. I was looking into some 6 puck calipers but have read some horror stories about them (tokico brand). Think I might look into some Brembo's and then see what I can mate them to in regards to forks.

Where there's a will there's a way.

Thanks for the input guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.