Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
97 CBR600
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, brand new to the site and to the streetbike world. Ridden dirt bikes all my life but just bought myself a 1997 CBR600 F3 on Tuesday. Wasn't running when I got it but new fuel, new plugs, and a jump start later she was purring away. picked it up for $1100, plastics conveniently removed by previous owners nack for crashing apparently. They're all cracked up so i was initially thinking to buy a new fairing set but then i started messing with it and then i found this site and then i officially decided it was destiny; it would become a street fighter! lol

So far I've taken off the rear undertray/blinkers and all that ugly black plastic mess,
Had just the headlight mounted up front but it was fugly, functional but fugly
removed front subframe with gauges, windscreen, and mirrors
Re-routed all the wiring so it's all tucked neatly away under the tank
I don't have a welder or any power or air tools in my garage so everything done so far has been limited by that.

Next step is to start smoothing the frame by grinding off all the old mounts and modding the rear subframe and seat.
I really need to get a headlight but i don't want to just buy what everyone else has so I'll hopefully be fabbing something up here shortly
And let the painting begin, think I'm gonna do all black and polished/silver right now.

·
97 CBR600
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also bypassed the ram air solenoid and removed the little ram air hoses and rerouted tubes
+rep for Fathead_03 for the helpful pictures and instructions on that.

and had some fun shredding the last bit of the old tire, any way to post vid on here?

·
No-U-Turns Show
2,615 Posts
load the vid onto photobucket and post it up baby!

Welcome to the madness man..bozeman rocks, used to live out there and miss it real bad..just not the winters :D

·
97 CBR600
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the welcome guys. Here's a vid of that little burnout. Pretty weak but the cords started coming apart and hitting the tire hugger and i didn't want to break anything having only had the bike for 5 days...... enjoy maybe i'll get a better one goin before i mount my new tires if they ever get here!!

[ame=http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums/b419/Gearhead8907/?action=view&current=cbr001.flv]
[/ame]

·
Let the fun begin
145 Posts
Welcome in, glad to see another cbr600f, ive just done a budget build on my 97f, whats ya plans with yours? :thumbsup:

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Welcome.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Welcome aboard man. Glad my pics helped ya out with the ram air shit. Let me know if you have any other questions CBR wise. Post up a build thread, that way we can keep an easy eye on the build.

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
wotcher mate ,I wanna live at BOOZEMAN!..:shocker:

nice CBR they make grate fighters ..

·
97 CBR600
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
..:shocker:

nice CBR they make grate fighters ..[/QUOTE]

So I've seen! Courtesy of Fathead and many others on here already. That subframe is going to have to go though. I have right around 5 days before I get my new tires in and I probably won't ride it much more before that so it's a good opportunity to DW!! :knucks:

·
97 CBR600
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys, thank you all very much for the welcoming! Great to see such a community so active about their passion. Just wanted to keep you guys updated and redirect you out of the noob's section and to the progress section. Check out my build thread here:

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?p=590137#post590137

and here's what the bike's looking like right now:

·
97 CBR600
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no, new tires front and rear should be here on Friday...... fingers crossed. Unfortunately I'm going back to stock sizes. It's a 180/55/17 on there right now which is nice and wide but I got a stock size tire which is a 160/60/17 coming. I wish now that I would have stuck with a 180 or at least a 170. We'll see. I got a real good deal on the set that I got so if I can pawn my brand new Avon Viper 160/60/17 off for a good price I'll probably go ahead and get a wider rear.

·
97 CBR600
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pretty soon here the engine is going to be black and the frame will be a satin gold. Should I make the swing-arm and front forks black and the wheels gold or should i make the swing-arm and front forks gold so they connect with the frame and then repaint the wheels black?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts