Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. i am new on this forum. Been watching some threads for a while, but now i was thinking i could introduce myself.
24year old from Norway, i have 2 bikes at the moment. 2003 525 ktm and a 1992 zx7 ninja(US model)

So, the ninja i bought from a friends uncle last year for around 1300$, its been sitting outside his house for 6-7 years or so without being used. was pretty rough, didnt run or anything.
First i put i back to its "glory". i really like the old look of the bike. But now i have decided to build a streetfighter.
the project has no deadline because of time an money wise. but so far the bike is in much better shape then when i first started. i have also ordered some parts like: new bars, bar clamps, wave brake discs(shoes are new), kawasaki green brake lines, foot pegs, new gas cap(race type), gas tank(without the hoses), steering head bearings, zxr750rr tail and more to come. The plan is 2010- z1000 front headlight. and everything is going black besides the rims that i have painted and the brake hoses. Tail, tank and headlight will be painted in gloss black and frame, swingarm and everything else is going matt black(powdercoat)

I have put the bike on a dyno. i got 90hp on the rear wheel. really satisfied with that! original spec is 100hp on crank. compression test was good on all 4.

My second plan is to put a turbo on it. And yes, thats how i first found this forum, because i was searching to see if anybody else had done it before. But those plans are for later. the bike first.

The first 4 pics are the bike when i bought it, and the last is pretty much done after rebuild.

Sorry for the long intruduction, a lot too write and more to come.
Is it possible to post more than 5 photos per post?

Attachments

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcome in matey ,thatsa pretty darn nice ZX ya got yerself there!GL with yer dream project.
So set yerself up with a bild thred in tha members project bike section and DW :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback :) i will make myself a build thread for those who wants to follow.
many pics to come. Stay tuned!:party-smiley:

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts
Welcome aboard! Don't worry about the time frame of your project. Awesome takes time, right Smoker?! :D

+1 on what Robbo said, start a build thread in the members project section so we can all follow along.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts