Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Thr R is for RESPECT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been on these forum now for awhile and thought i would finally post a pic of my bike and my 05 SM that was stolen a lil over a year ago :skrooz: im a tech for a local sportbike shop and im either going to make my current 929 a fighter or buy a wrecked 929 or 954. let me know what you guys think. - Brandon

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Welcome to the site !!!
Congrats for finaly postin up. :party-smiley:

That sucks about your bike, It looked SICK !!
strip that honda :D

Rep this man for postin pics on his first post :rock: :letsride:

·
Thr R is for RESPECT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man. i want to put a single sided swingarm on it. i saw hybrids 929 and LOVED it! anyone have the 411 on how to do it to a 929? i hear the VFR swingarms will bolt right up to the 900RR's but not the 929s and 954s?

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
RacingBrandon said:
thanks man. i want to put a single sided swingarm on it. i saw hybrids 929 and LOVED it! anyone have the 411 on how to do it to a 929? i hear the VFR swingarms will bolt right up to the 900RR's but not the 929s and 954s?
vfr800 arm is almost a direct swap :D that's the one arm i DON'T have.

nice 929, and the s/m. i say fighter the cbr.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE

929s lookin nice. thats almost the same color MY old 929 was before i stripped it all down. good shit.

cant wait to see another 929 project. love em!

:metal:

·
Thr R is for RESPECT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
skr00zloose said:
vfr800 arm is almost a direct swap :D that's the one arm i DON'T have.

nice 929, and the s/m. i say fighter the cbr.
really? maybe im thinking that the 750 vfr's are the ones that dont bolt up directly. i can get my hands on a 800 swingarm pretty easy. can i use my linkage and shock? or pretty much just need to get an 800 swingarm, wheel, brake rotor/sprocket carrier?

·
Thr R is for RESPECT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
929_adam said:
WELCOME TO THE SITE

929s lookin nice. thats almost the same color MY old 929 was before i stripped it all down. good shit.

cant wait to see another 929 project. love em!

:metal:
thanks. imma try and find another 929 or 954 first. but if not ill prolly start tearing my down this winter for a fighter build!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
RacingBrandon said:
thanks. imma try and find another 929 or 954 first. but if not ill prolly start tearing my down this winter for a fighter build!

i have a disassembled one in my basement i've been thinking of getting rid of.

all main componenets are there. missing a few things..rims esp.

MA might be a bit of a hike for you tho.

·
Thr R is for RESPECT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya im looking for something more local. i work for a shop and we get them in all the time. just gotta find one that hasnt been totally wrecked

·
Hooligan Streetfighter
1,382 Posts
RacingBrandon said:
really? maybe im thinking that the 750 vfr's are the ones that dont bolt up directly. i can get my hands on a 800 swingarm pretty easy. can i use my linkage and shock? or pretty much just need to get an 800 swingarm, wheel, brake rotor/sprocket carrier?

Ok Brandon, here you go, this is the 411 on the swap. for one thing, the VFR 750 swinger pretty much bolts up to the 900RR, not the 929. The VFR 800 is the swinger you need, get everything. wheel, caliper, rotor, pivot bolt, and swinger. But the swingarm is not a direct bolt up. What you will have to do first is take off you old swinger. Take your swinger, and the VFR 800 swinger to a good machinist. What will happen next is have the machinist open up the VFR swinger between the pivot points. Have him measure between the pivots on the 929 arm, and have him open the VFR the same, equal amounts on both sides, this is very important to make sure the chain lines up. Next, have both pivot bolts with you. what will happen is he will have to make you a new pivot bolt. The new pivot will need to have the ends the same size as the 929 pivot, and the bolt itself needs to be the same as the VFR, this way you can use the VFR swingarm bearings. You will have to have them make new bushings that go between the swinger, and the engine. Also you will have to have them make a bushing that goes into the engine that has the same OD as the original 929 Pivot bolt, and an ID of the VFR pivot bolt. They will have to machine a spacer that goes between the swinger, and the swingarm carrier. and last but not least you will have to custom make some shock linkage triangles to set your ride height. You can do all this yourself, or let me know if you would like me to do it. As far as I know, I am the only one who has the single sider on their 929, or atleast I have not been able to find them, so info was non-existant, and I had to fumble through this myself, so good luck.

Tom

·
Thr R is for RESPECT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks man! i appreciate it. a buddy of mine is a machinest so ill prolly get with him when i decide to do it. this winter is prolly when ill start stripping mine down. but if i have some extra cash ill definitely get you to build me one. all i would have to find is a wheel right? thanks again

·
17 Posts
i have a 954 and a vfr800 arm that i would like to put on my bike. is it possible that u could get me some measurements? i am a machinist so i can make the stuff myself but if i can get measurements from someone that has already done it would make my job easier.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts