Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
181 - 200 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
I love a rose jointed adjustable rod...what spec did you look for out for... and i am only guessing here...because of the solid nature of the original dogbones versus something that has screwed on ends. hope that makes sense? what dimensions did you get....or do you have a link please? i really fancy that set up.

·
10,855 Posts
I love a rose jointed adjustable rod...what spec did you look for out for... and i am only guessing here...because of the solid nature of the original dogbones versus something that has screwed on ends. hope that makes sense? what dimensions did you get....or do you have a link please? i really fancy that set up.
rose joints tend to have the same thread size as the hole in them, so if its M10 linkage bolts it'll be M10 rose joints. I used left and right hand letting them be adjusted while still on the bike

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
i am looking on this website...i got some for my Guzzi a few years back...sure they will have what's required. going to give the linkage a once over tomorrow and get sizes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
They only seem to have zinc plated turnbuckles now or the carbon steel ones now...would prefer stainless...so might have to keep looking.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
I only keep finding wire or rigging ones...am googling stainless steel turnbuckle.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
So i chopped a little more back on the frame tubes to go beyond the double skinned section. I used a piece of the original subframe, slitted it and squeezed it together and tapped it into the top frame tubes just to see what i will need for sticking some tube in a slug between frame and as yet unmade subframe. Seeing as the top rails are 'D' shaped the whole piece of tube doesn't touch all the way round...still going to be okay with a couple of plug welds as well as welding the join between frame and subframe?

·
Super Moderator
3,040 Posts
I only keep finding wire or rigging ones...am googling stainless steel turnbuckle.
Look for swedged tubes. Or search for spherical rod ends and sometimes the supplier will have the tubes and end bearings.

Later, Doug

Reactions: remfanuk

·
10,855 Posts

stainless rose joints

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Thanks guys, i have found the rod ends, it's stainless turnbuckles i am struggling to find.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Cheers...think i will get the zinc plated turnbuckle as my tapping skills for hex bar won't be sufficient

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
the other thing that has just occurred to me is that i may have clearance issues with turnbuckles as a final solution. gonna have to think this through. got some flat bar this week so will drill random holes and see how we go.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Yet again i am back pondering what to do in terms of subframe. At first i thought weld a new tube subframe although after putting frame slugs in there would need to be an immediate bend in the subframe to avoid a very flat seat. I think this might be too difficult.
So, i am thinking about doing something like in the photo by cutting the frame further back, weld something to close the gaping holes up and then weld on some 10mm tabs with holes so i can bolt the subframe on. I wont be doing the welding however.
Getting really stuck with this now...any clarity greatly appreciated...paint or photoshop for my simple brain might help or just links that pictorially make sense to someone new to fabrication.

181 - 200 of 204 Posts