Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
That's an interesting proposition...wonder if they have been used as a subframe before.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

·
old fart
3,751 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
That's an interesting proposition...wonder if they have been used as a subframe before.

Probably not.. Most people woukd use a heim or something like that.. But this would solve the no machining etc.. Theyre meant to hold together roll cages.. Some have lips on the to be stronger but this shoukd be more than strong enough

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
As luck would have it i have reconnected with an old school pal who is a welder/fabricator with his own business who will sort the subframe. Will take it to him as my 100amp welder isn't really up to the job. Might take a few weeks as he is super busy at work which will give me time to sort the forks out properly in terms of smoothing them down a bit better.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
And he builds trikes and all sorts using Bandit frames...some times life does these nice things.
I am however gonna have a go at making a trolley for my welder. Getting settings is trial and error but happy to give welding a try.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Hope to be around when he does it to learn some stuff. Great timing. Am gonna have some practice this week and see if i dare make a real tack in anger on the angle iron i got for the trolley by the weekend.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
see if you can weld a skully :skully:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
241 - 252 of 252 Posts