Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Suzuki SV1000s
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I been having problems with my charging system. I started to tear down today to find out exactly what it was and then I fucking see this. I'm so disappointed!!! My main squeeze is gonna be out of commission for a few weeks. That being said does any one know where I can order a stator and magneto for a decent price??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The bay of E is my typical go-to because I'm a cheapass hack that has so far avoided them damn doctor police in the white coats

I'd probably snap up this one 03 suzuki sv1000s SV 1000 STATOR GENERATOR ALTERNATOR MAGNETO COVER | eBay because it's like 10$ more than the next stator I saw and it comes with a spare cover for when you throw ol girl down the road in the future, which seem to go for like $130+ by themselves, no brainer

As for a flywheel, well... seems you're looking at $300-500 new, and the only one on ebay right now is also almost five hunnit

I poked around a little about it and found someone on a forum saying this "They are on backorder through Suzuki as the co who makes them for Suzuki was washed away in Tsunami. If you look at my thread Magneto magnet repair DIY you will find the anwsers you are seeking. " so that's... that

Partszilla claims you can have one shipped in 3 days for three hundred bones though.

·
Registered
2003 Suzuki SV1000s
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bay of E is my typical go-to because I'm a cheapass hack that has so far avoided them damn doctor police in the white coats

I'd probably snap up this one 03 suzuki sv1000s SV 1000 STATOR GENERATOR ALTERNATOR MAGNETO COVER | eBay because it's like 10$ more than the next stator I saw and it comes with a spare cover for when you throw ol girl down the road in the future, which seem to go for like $130+ by themselves, no brainer

As for a flywheel, well... seems you're looking at $300-500 new, and the only one on ebay right now is also almost five hunnit

I poked around a little about it and found someone on a forum saying this "They are on backorder through Suzuki as the co who makes them for Suzuki was washed away in Tsunami. If you look at my thread Magneto magnet repair DIY you will find the anwsers you are seeking. " so that's... that

Partszilla claims you can have one shipped in 3 days for three hundred bones though.

I appreciate the research! I was also looking on e gay and I couldnt find a flywheel. Is it possible to buy just the magnets because nothing is damaged.

·
Super Moderator
3,141 Posts
Is it possible to buy just the magnets because nothing is damaged.
I’ve not seen where just the magnets are available on any bike I’ve ever known. (Don’t ask me about HD’s though.) I’m 99.9% sure another flywheel is your only option.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
3,141 Posts
I did a bit more digging and the V-Strom 1000 shares the same crank and stator cover. The flywheel and stator are different but I would guess if you got both from a DL1000, they’d work for you….or at least bolt on.

Just a thought!

Later, Doug

·
Registered
2003 Suzuki SV1000s
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well after $1000 and some trouble bleeding my clutch I finally got my bike up and running. The flywheel would not come off so I had to take her in. I actually put everything back together and only had trouble getting my clutch to hook up but im good now! So stoked lets ride!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts