Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my TL1000S fighter got taken out this past summer just as I was happy with the bike. Got a great settlement from the insurance after I discovered they were making totally fictitious valuations to compare my bike to. Bought a Stock TL1000S to ride something and will sell it when the "R" is done.

TL1000R engine with good frame. Bought in Quebec for $400 8 hrs from home. Who knew it would fit in a Volvo? I didn't know before I got there that the deal included all that is in the pic.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike.
The frame in the volvo got stripped and the motor was rebuilt and changed over to fit the "S". Its still waiting under a bench now that my "S" is gone. The following summer I bought a "branded" "R" complete because I already had a clean title frame for the swap. That became the start of this "R" fighter.

At the time of arrival home.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
schweet. howd you find out about the fictitious valuation?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
schweet. howd you find out about the fictitious valuation?
They offered me a ridiculously low settlement so I started protesting to the adjuster at head-office. He then sent me the report he received to show fairness and transparency. The two TLs that were local to me for sale in "similar" condition were at businesses with contact names and tel numbers. So I called the two guys at the respective businesses and got the same answer from both. "We don't have a TLS for sale now and have never had one for sale." :confused:

So I sent an email back to the guy at head office with the prices I got for the last three I've sold. I gave him links to the only 4 bikes for sale within an 8 hr drive in Canada, the value of all the extras and upgrades I had installed and also let him know I called the Insurance bureau of Canada. I told him fraudulent and fictitious valuations weren't going to cut it and I wanted a better settlement. Sure enough he offered me just over 100% more and allowed the removal of all extras and upgrades so long as the bike was brought back to stock. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Headlight off 1971 CB 450 with a vintage Carrello H4 lens. So many guys take vintage bikes like CBs GSs and old Kwaks and fit newer forks mono-shocks etc. I thought I'd mix a newer platform with old school look.

RC51 tail light

ridiculous rotary rear damper gone

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the Carrozzeria V-tracks powder coated with new bearings, new chain installed, chain tensioners/lift-points in place. had to re-locate the pipes too. The total length is almost 10" shorter now.

Got a smokin' deal on ap calipers and rotors. Calipers just rebuilt with new pads.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
First signs of life! 1971 CB350 signals installed too. Re-valved and re-built Busa forks in place.

Reactions: hrdy

·
Registered
1,350 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sanded and sanded and sanded. Down to metal and 4 coats of fill primer. Not too much to repair for a real nice tank.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fighting through the vacuum lines to get the emissions crap out of the way and still satisfy the ecu.

Reactions: Davey t

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Vacuum lines done and mounted the fuse block. Now I can tidy up wiring behind the head light.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.