Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Back again.
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. This is my second bandit. First being a 600, which I had for a year before getting wrecked into. I decided to sell what was left of it and start another build.

In 2012 I bought a bandit 1200 off of a kid from Ohio. Needless to say, this "ready to ride" bike was not ready to ride. Oil leaks, dim headlights, dirty carbs, broken alternator, and the rear shock leaking were just some of the issues. I didn't start a build thread, but I figured id show you guys pictures anyways.

Its been an ongoing project since. Between working a million hours a week, Ive been trying to find time to work on this. In the next few months, I hope to put a big circular headlight and cowl on, as well as clean up some of the other parts that have since started to get surface rust on them (bolts, and such) Over the last few years this engines seals have been replaced, headlight changed with a Z1000 headlight, New paint, pod filters, exhaust and some minor things here and there. Again, its a work in progress, and I do enjoy constructive criticism.




 

·
ShamanFighter
Joined
·
22,340 Posts

·
☢
Joined
·
5,596 Posts
same bike in this post, same back story too.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58471

This should be placed under the "bitch" section. But seeing as its a build, it will be placed here. This won't be in depth as I'm making this in write up in one day.

Last season, some of you may have seen my bandit 600 which was fightered. Z1000 headlight, powdered rims, jet kit, B12 swinger. Was an incredible bike before it hit a van at a decent rate of speed. The accident took out a number of things on that project, as well as leaving me in a lot of pain.

2012 is an entirely new year. Fall 2011, I picked up a B6 with a list of mods that I really wanted to put on anyways. Craigslist ad - Cleveland OH, is where I found the CF whore. Digging and searching for ideas, I found a bike that was not only owned by 1, but 2 members of this forum. Knowing what I know now, I understand why neither wanted this mess of a bike. Nonetheless, I had a B6 frame, B12 engine, VFR SSSA, and an R6 tail. The P.O assured me there was no problems, and the bike ran strong. I'm not the type to list names, because frankly, it's a project.

Regardless. I started this project with a list of problems, including:
1) engine oil leak. basically spraying oil out like an open wound.
2) little mock gold bolts. most of which were such weak material, that they broke off in the engines, tail, headlight assembly.
3) carbs from a late model gsxr.
4) pitiful shorty exhaust. rattled, and rigged up.
5) pour spray can job on the rims.
6) oil pan/headers. weld job that was more than miserable.
7) rear brake lever. weld job done on it left it as a hazard. Any amount of pressure could have left the lever snapped.


Anyways.

Over the course of a few months, between work, and other activities, this project became a pain.

The hardest part of the build was finding the oil leak. I'm not exactly sure what caused the massive leak of oil, which the P.O assured me was never a problem, but it seemed to have a B6 oil cooler installed on the B12 engine. New gaskets were inserted all over the engine. The ridiculous gold bolts were replaced with stock B12 bolts. I lucked out and none of them stripped inside the engine.

The oil pan, headers, and oil cooler were all replaced. A gentleman off max suzuki gave me a killer deal on an oil cooler. Headers were given to me aswell from the same user. The oil pan was bought off fleabay, and installed immediately.

Throughout the months, or years of oil leaking, a large amount of residue was left all over the frame, and other parts of the bike. The dominator headlights were sold, and another z1000 headlight was bought and installed.

The frame was transported to my buddies garage where it would be completely cleaned, and checked over.

All parts that needed painted were sent out. House of Kolor paint was ordered, rims went to powdercoat. New carbs were ordered, as well as new shifter levers. Delkivec exhaust was also purchased. 8 inch carbon shorty.

To this date, all parts have been finished and installed for the most part. Below are some pictures of the bike to date. If everything goes smooth, the bike will be completely finished tomorrow.






Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

 

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
Joined
·
30,382 Posts
same bike in this post, same back story too.
Sir, you would make a better elephant than I. +rep





Jaxon, why comeback as a different user?
 

·
Back again.
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I couldn't remember then password or username to my old CF account. Couldn't remember any of the information for it either. I have nothing to hide. I fucked up with the prolonged ship to gsf1200r. I apologize for it.

As for the carbs, I didn't know anything about them except that they were from an older GSXR, and that was because I referred to Streetfighterkz post when he posted about selling the bandit. I talked to the shop about them, and they said that they apparently send more gas than normal bandit carbs do. I didn't want to mess with them. As soon as I got the bike to my house and started tearing things apart, they were the first things taken off and sold. I just assumed they were dirty because of the lack of power I had when I was driving the bike home.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top