Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I worked on my motorbike for 5 hours and it was a complete waste of time, the component I bought was a POS crap and a billet overflow for my rad and it leaked like a sieve, so took me a few hours more to return it to how I started bolox little Chinese feckers, the bottom is pressed in not welded and leaks 360 degrees all the way arround.....WTF

Reactions: eatabullet

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
I used a hip flask and some clear fuel line. Ran it under my seat. Works great, cost $5.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but I wanted something Legit, Ive been running a ALi water bottle for years. but I get idoits saying is that a water bottle?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I used a aluminum beer bottle and painted it. When everyone saw it the first thing they asked was is that a beer bottle? Yes yes it is.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
mount it under the fuel tank out of the way. no one will see it.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Over Flow Tank Part 64b _ 11

So after some more Fanagling I received another catch tank and swifty went in to install mode. Im not sure I think it maybe over the top, im in too minds.

What do you people fink?

Reactions: eatabullet

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah talking to some people on the custom fighters Facebook site, I think Ive decided Im gonna rough it up abit

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
They take in what they put out. Its a closed system for the most part, until it overheats and spurts on you. That's the wiseass answer. Best bet is to check a parts listing for the volume of the stock overflow container, and find a similar sized substitute.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HAd a Oil Leak today on My Windowed Clutch Cover, a a bolt had actually fallen out and the bolts had all come loose, replaced them all and torqued them all back down and ill have to see how it pans out, I think its gonna be ok,
My Coolant was low also, so I had to refresh that, and it seems to run 3 - 5 degrees hotter than before, so im gonna have to keep a eye on that too.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
HAd a Oil Leak today on My Windowed Clutch Cover, a a bolt had actually fallen out and the bolts had all come loose, replaced them all and torqued them all back down and ill have to see how it pans out, I think its gonna be ok,
My Coolant was low also, so I had to refresh that, and it seems to run 3 - 5 degrees hotter than before, so im gonna have to keep a eye on that too.
somethin up there Joe?

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was lazy and didnt torque it down when I installed the cover, its all up tight now, the coolent was low cause I changed the over flow and lost a little more coolent than I thought i did, all working now just a little higher temp than was running before, that could be cause of the brand of coolent im using now or could need a little top up, dosnt seem to leak anywhere now, but I power washed the dodgy area and ill keep a eye on it. :)

fixed up now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts