Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
yzf 600 top end on a fzr bottom end? that cool, is it yours?

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Did someone stuff a 1000 engine in a 600 frame?

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
ooops. I feel stupid now. oh well. I really shouldhave known that.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Don't start that till you put some oil in it and support the frame :LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
yah so wheres the cradle part of the frame?? kinda sketchy lookin to me!

:nuts:

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He had to cut the lower half of the cradle off on both sides to get the engine to fit..

Catman he wount need any other support in the frame, theres 1 long bolt in the upper rear part of the motor going threw the maint fraim aswell as in the rear lower part of the motor, and 2 in the front threw each cradle. Plus its a steel frame, its not going anywhere..

He did the mock up in an FZR400 frame which is aluminum, had it running and driving. He made it down the road and back, before he made it back home the motor twisted the frame like a pretzel. That 600 frame is nothing to worry about

·
I WRECK ALOT
144 Posts
SNGPerformance said:
Sweet. I think it's gonna twist!! It's cool as hell though.
yea, i think if they cradled the 600 they had a reason, now theres alot more power and alot less support, good luck!

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Ok so given teh fact its a fighter then its no big deal if I do the sme and in lieu of the cradle I incorp the crash cage to also act as additional support.

Being metal not aluminum I can also gusset the shit out of the frame.

I thought I had a FZR 400 ready to buy but a mis-communication (Ok so Chinese is not totally fluent - bite me, you try learning this at age 44 ha ha)

But I will see if there are any FZR600's around. The 400's are just not available here.

So I get a FZR600 stuff a R-1 engine in and toss the R-1 front end on as well.....hmmmm

Honestly it sounds like a lot of work when I can just get an R-1 and trick it out.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
ChinaSteve said:
Honestly it sounds like a lot of work when I can just get an R-1 and trick it out.
that sounds like a plan....get some decals that say its a smaller bike to avoid trouble with the law.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts