Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just welded up the top mounts for the subframe and wanted some opinions before I weld up the bottom mounts.
Do you guys think the tail is too high/tall or should I lower it an inch or two?
I like the height but can't decide if I should keep it the way it is or drop it an inch.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Its hard to tell with out the bike put together because you can't see the stance of the bike but I think it should like good there

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
I think the way I look at things like this is how angles are repeated, when angles and shapes are matched the bike flows well. In your case I like how from behind the steering neck where that angled piece of frame is matches the angles into the tank then going back that angle matches the tail angle.....

That's just how I look at "does this look good"...

But other things will depend. Like the swingarm and rear wheel could foul up that tail but at this point it looks spot on to me...

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I understand what you're saying f'dup and if you keep the stock seat cover it will flow good but then again it all depends on how the bike looks up 2 wheels

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
IMO, I'd drop the tip of the tail down until it was even with the top of the tank. But like said already, without wheels it's hard to imagine the stance.

Later, Doug

Reactions: yantosh and hrdy

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had it all together when I made the mounts and it looked good.I think it sits just a little too high so I dropped it an inch and think it sits perfect now.Thanks for the replies!
Here's a pic of how I'm gonna mount it today.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Looking good still man.
How's the length of it with the swingarm and wheels on?

·
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm running an 04 Gsxr 750 swingarm on it.I cut over 6 inches off the subframe to make it match the swingarm length.Ill get some more pics up with the swingarm on it.

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
I'd lower it a tad, but yeah kinda hard to tell without a weighted stance.

G

·
Just my opinion but the tip of the tail needs to be level with the top of the tank when its on its wheels, this is what i did with one of mine with the same frame & tail imo it looked right & didn't bust my balls

·
10,739 Posts
Just my opinion but the tip of the tail needs to be level with the top of the tank when its on its wheels, this is what i did with one of mine with the same frame & tail imo it looked right & didn't bust my balls
a principle many of the best bikes follow :excellent:

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
Nice bike! I would like to see more pics of it :rock:
I've got some random shots:

I could wheel it out of the garage and get some fresh shots if the weather would warm up.
Rich is off doing some stuff so we let his GSXR and Bandit sleep over with my bikes for the winter.

Reactions: Jaiked
1 - 20 of 22 Posts