Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MAD BUILDER
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here we go,I have been around the forum for a few years now and posted a few times but I really have never showed what I am up to.This all started with a 1988 GSXR Slingshot 750 slingshot frame that I bought for a 100.00 on ebay.It had a clean title so I could not resist.I have been building oil cooled GSXR's for years so I have tons of spares.But this one would be different.So this is what I used gastank,frame and motor stayed and every thing else got changed.Heres the list of what we have done so far.
I have tons of pictures some good some bad.I will just start posting them.Just ask and I will try and answer any questions.

-FRONT END 2008 GSXR 750 FORKS
-RADIAL BRAKES 2008 GSXR 750
-CUSTOM MADE TRIPLE TREES/YOKES TO FIT SLINGSHOT FRAME
-JOKER MACHINE RISER FOR 1 1/8" FAT TAPER LSL DRAG BARS
-SPEED DEALER BILLET GRIPS AND THROTTLE HOUSING
-CUSTOM BILLET SWITCHES INTERNAL WIRING
-BILLET RADIAL MASTER CYLINDER CUP
-HELL PERFORMANCE OIL COOLER AND STAINLESS STEEL LINES
-FULL STAINLESS HINDLE EXHAUST FROM A 95 WATER COOLED GSXR 750 YES IT FITS
-WOODCRAFT REARSETS WITH ADAPTER PLATES FROM 2003 GSXR 750
-HYPER PRO REAR SHOCK FROM 2002 GSXR 1000
-BILLET TECH ALUMINUM ENGINE COVERS
-CUSTOM MADE SWING ARM TO FIT WITH HAYABUSA REAR WHEEL HUB/GSXR 04/05 REAR BRAKE CALIPER/HANGER TO ELIMINATE BRAKE ARM
-FTD DESIGN "SAVAGE" WHEELS 240 REAR TIRE
-GALFER FULL FLOATING ROTORS FRONT AND REAR
-CORE PERFORMANCE BRAKE LINES FRONT AND REAR GOES INSIDE SWINGARM
-BARNETT CLUTCH AND THROTTLE CABLE MADE IN STAINLESS STEEL
-REAR TAIL SECTION IS YAMAHA R-6 06/07 PLASTICS,SEATS,SUBFRAME,TAILIGHT
-VORTEX ALUMINUM GAS CAP
-JOKER MACHINE FULL BILLET HEADLIGHT WITH CUSTOM MOUNT

I am sure I am missing stuff and the bike is far from done.These are just mock up pictures.I also have another streetfighter you will see in some pictures.1991 gsxr 750 with 2002 GSXR 1000 tail plastic and subframe.More details on that one later.

switches/throttle housing

The 2 of them

Front seat fits nice once it was cut to shape

Headlight on

Hyper pro rear shock

Had to make an elbow so why not something different Hex stock

Billet radial cup with elbow

Headlight and mount fits right on front of frame

During tail chop

Custom Yokes/triple trees

Joker machine riser/LSL fat Taper drag bars

I hope your not sick of me yet.I am hoping I have found my new home here at custom fighters.I have had about 20-25 oil cooled GSXR's over the years so I guess I have a love affair with them.I had a really crazy custom TL1000R that I had built out of boxes.I sold it about 9 months ago to someone in Texas.I cant wait to see what you all have to say.Please be nice I am old and grumpy.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Gsxr is looking good I really like the rims. Keep up the good work

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Really nice work, the TL not really my thing but very nice work, putting a bike together from pieces and coming out like that is a great accomplishment.

·
Broke BUT Eager NOOB
46 Posts
Very nice fighter man..all custom!! Hope one day i have the skill and/or connections to do some of that to my bandit!

·
MAD BUILDER
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments.It is fun taking a bunch of parts that don't belong together and making them work.I love these old oil cooled GSXR's.I have tons more pictures of parts as they were being made and how I mounted everything.I will post some more tomorrow.

·
1,152 Posts
Super sick bike!!!!:thumbsup:

I love the "simple", "utilitarian" look that you pulled off!!

I am thinkin big GS1100E headlamp though instead of the other one.

·
First Time Fighter
59 Posts
That fighter is awesome. Where are all the wires and switches? Those triples and that fixed light setup it bad as fuck.

·
MAD BUILDER
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That fighter is awesome. Where are all the wires and switches? Those triples and that fixed light setup it bad as fuck.

I am not using any of the stock handle bar wiring.It is all internal.It does not have a key switch and I am not using and type of dashboard.In the pictures you can see 2 little buttons on the handle bars.That is my switches.I am not a fan of directional so I only have switches for start/stop and high beam/horn.The headlight mount I made from a block of solid aluminum to mount right to the front 2 frame tabs.The headlight wires also go inside the frame.That is about all you will see on the front of the bike is the throttle cable,clutch cable and brake line.

·
MAD BUILDER
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will put up some more pictures later.I just got the frame back from the welder.Time to make it look like a bike

·
MAD BUILDER
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a quick update.I have just gone back to work after being out for over a year.I have not had a lot of time to put into the bike.However that is changing.I finally have the frame welded together and have the bike back together so I can finally sit on it.What a difference,it has been held together with bungie cords and safety wire.I will try and down load some more pictures later.Hope you like it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts