Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for reasons.. im getting rid of the stock cooler... and now im looking to save myself a heap of machining...

was wondering where i could mount another cooler.. i was thinking between the main and sub gallery as there's already a hose connecting them.. should work? maybe? dont really think i can just dump the main gallery back into the pan just going through the cooler? any better places?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i was thinking between the main and sub gallery as there's already a hose connecting them..
i'd go for it. as long as a decent amount of oil flows through the cooler, in reality, it'll all eventually get cooled, right?

the original location should theoretically perform best, it's under maximum pressure, which radiators do benefit from, and as much oil as possible is circulated through it, that's why they put it there.. so i'd be going for a bigger cooler to make up for it.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
I'm missing something here. I get upgrading/relocating the actual cooler, but why can't you use the OEM hose locations?

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The oem uses a water cooler for the oil.. Which is a sandwhich cooler tjing between the adapter/block etc and filter... So a lot of work to keep the same set up and take off for an air cooler in the same spot...

Id keep the water cooler.. But rad is going under the seat.. Feel this is easier.

·
Breaking shit...
3,217 Posts
underseat rad/cooler, yikes... better have a good fan running on it. Not much airflow under the seat and I wouldnt want one to pop under my balls.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
underseat rad/cooler, yikes... better have a good fan running on it. Not much airflow under the seat and I wouldnt want one to pop under my balls.
never had a problem with heat... but well see.. not cutting anything up until tested..

·
Registered
25 Posts
could you use one of those aftermarket car oil cooler take offs that actually fit in the same place the stock take off for the water pipes go on the original set up ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts